OK maybe someone can help me understand all of this. If I install Windows OS on my Mac with Bootcamp what is the need for these other two programs...Parallels and the VMfusion. I don't understand what they do.

Can anyone explain??

Thanks so much!!!
    Laurie
    Last edited by sagers2; 06-24-09 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
    06-24-09 09:54 PM
    If you install windows through bootcamp on a seperate partition, then you have to reboot to boot into either OS X or windows (one or the other)

with VMWare and Parallels, you can "install" windows "in" OS X, meaning you run windows while you run os x. (you can run both at once)

if you have windows installed on the boot camp partition, then you can use vmware or parallels to run that installation while you are in os x.
    06-24-09 09:59 PM
    If you install windows through bootcamp on a seperate partition, then you have to reboot to boot into either OS X or windows (one or the other)

with VMWare and Parallels, you can "install" windows "in" OS X, meaning you run windows while you run os x. (you can run both at once)

if you have windows installed on the boot camp partition, then you can use vmware or parallels to run that installation while you are in os x.
    Ahhhh so it keeps you from having to reboot your computer everytime you want to switch OS? If I am reading all these posts correctly most people seem to like Parallels best??

Thanks so much for your reply!!!!
    Laurie
    06-25-09 08:02 AM
    Just keep bootcamp if all your gonna do is BB stuff...
    And Fusion is WAY better then Parallels...
    06-25-09 09:52 PM
    Especially since Bootcamp comes arleady on your Mac. You have to purchase the others
    06-25-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD