I want to FULLY uninstall desktop manager for my mac. There are clearly some hidden files the included installer isn't removing because when I connect my BB it's recognized by last sync, model # PIN etc. and has all the old apps still listed.
    Loading apps is no longer working so I'm trying to figure out how to remove it and start over. Does anyone know how?
    08-09-10 10:31 PM
    I want to FULLY uninstall desktop manager for my mac. There are clearly some hidden files the included installer isn't removing because when I connect my BB it's recognized by last sync, model # PIN etc. and has all the old apps still listed.
    Loading apps is no longer working so I'm trying to figure out how to remove it and start over. Does anyone know how?
    Download an app called AppCleaner.. U just drag and drop the icon from your applications folder and Appcleaner locates all files associated with the app you want to delete
    08-10-10 12:57 AM
    No luck, tried that but it's as if I never un-installed it. Still recognizes by last sync, and has the old apps listed. Must be more hidden files appcleaner doesn't catch.
    08-10-10 09:20 AM
    Pretty sure the stuff you mention is located.

Library>Application Support>BlackberryDesktop>
    08-10-10 10:09 AM
    Beautiful, thanks. I deleted the files from the Library on the HD and also in my profile and it worked!
    08-11-10 10:27 AM
    I am having a similar problem - I need to completely remove desktop manager version 6 from my Windows XP PC because I am having syncing issues. I uninstalled 6 and re-installed 5.01, but still have the same syncing problem (which had not been an issue prior to installing version 6). It appears there are remnants of version 6 still left on the machine somewhere which are causing 5.01 to not work the way it had. I think I need to completely uninstall 6, and then re-install 5.01 clean. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    08-12-10 08:15 AM
    Just a suggestion, but because this is the mac forum you may want to try posting in the regular DM forum. Good luck.
    08-13-10 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD