Somewhere along the way, it looks like Macintosh sync services, and Missing Sync have corrupted some of the calendar, contact, and memopad data on my Storm.

The stuff on my Mac desktop is current, and clean.

Short of doing a complete wipe of by Storm, is there any way to zero out the calendar, contact, and memopad data on the device - by deleting a service book, or with a 3rd party app., or some such?

Thanks Much

Miles
    06-04-09 11:40 AM
    Yes but not an easy one. Uninstall Missing Sync, install Pocket Mac, then go to:

User > Library > Application Suport > PocketMacSyncManager > Additional Tools > DataPurgeUI

This AppleScript lets you selectively remove Calendar, Contacts, Email, Tasks and Notes from your BlackBerry. And its free.

-- Robert.
    06-04-09 05:57 PM
    I don't like that. It's ugly. Sigh....
    06-04-09 06:08 PM
    I fear it is just wiping Your BB clean:
    Choose Options/Security Options/Hit BB key/Wipe All/type in "blackberry" when prompted, hit OK... wipes all user data and 3rd party apps. But I understand tat this is NOT the way You want to go...

Other way: Spend 40 Dollars, buy MissingSync for BB. It allows You an option "Computer overwrites Handheld"as an alternative to syncing. Quite simple, safe and clean. Costs money, but MissingSync is way better than PocketMac and allows synchronizing iTunes music and lots of other things. Even via Bluetooth
    Last edited by pilotcap; 06-07-09 at 01:13 PM.
    06-07-09 01:06 PM
    actually I HAVE missing sync, and it caused the original corruption - overwrite handheld from desktop is not a complete wipe

what I ended up doing - running Desktop Manager, on Windows, under Parallels - used it to delete the databases, and THEN overwrite the handheld using missing sync - that seems to have worked
    06-07-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD