Hello,
    I have T-Mobile as a service provider. I am on my 2nd replacement device from them, because basically... THEY SUCK. I have the 9700 Bold in Flash White. I was able to automatically find and update OS 6 last time, via the desktop software, but the phone was buggy and the trackpad wasn't working. Just got my NEW replacement today, restored a backup file, and NOTHING! I did NOT get the OS 6 update and it's saying there are no updates for my device. It is stuck on the old OS!!!

What happened!? Another faulty device? Please help, as I am DISGUSTED with T-Mobile at this point. Thank you. (I have also attached a link to the screenshot of the available updates for my device.)

03-17-11 11:13 PM
    Maybe T-Mobile pulled os6 support. You can download os6 from here and update that way.
    Last edited by andyahs; 03-17-11 at 11:26 PM.
    03-17-11 11:18 PM
    Thanks for the link, but can I do it on a Mac?
    03-17-11 11:21 PM
    03-17-11 11:25 PM
    Yeah it's either official release from your own carrier using DM for Mac, or running a program like Parallels. There's another… VirtualWare maybe?

(As you can tell, I'm far from an expert with Mac.)
    03-18-11 12:08 AM
    You can also run Windows on your Mac using VMware Fusion.

If you do not wish to use a virtual machine to run Windows, you can run Windows on a partition using BootCamp.

Your only option, though, if you wish to install an OS that is not official from your provider is to run Windows, either on a virtual machine or on a partition, or borrow a PC.

You cannot install OSes that are not official using OS X. You must run Windows.
    03-18-11 03:04 AM
    Requires windows to go. Same applies to Linux users, must use a VM if you don't have room or didnt keep windows.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-11 10:08 AM
    But why do I have to go through all the steps is what I'm saying? Last week, I plugged my 9700 in and the OS update was offered to me within seconds! This time, it simply isn't! Thanks for the help.
    03-18-11 02:06 PM
    I don't know if T-Mobile ever had it officially released, but I, like you, plugged my 9700 into my Mac one day and up popped DM with the update. So I did it, then just days later heard that it had been pulled. So you're either going to have to wait, or use one of these Virtual machines or dual boot operations. I wouldn't bother with the program Virtual PC (also called "My PC") because the company is no longer, thus no support.
    03-18-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD