Just got my first blackberry (Tour) and I'm attempting to get my computer to recognize the phone, either through USB or Bluetooth, and Im having problems with both methods. I want to connect the Tour primarily for the purpose of transferring music and pictures rather than syncing ical contacts, etc.

I installed PocketMac, but am unable to select Add Device because it is grayed out and so I can't get the phone to mount through USB connection. I have been able to pair via Bluetooth, but when I try to send a file from my mac to the phone, it says the device does not have the necessary services.

Not really sure what to do. Since I'm new I don't know if there is a big difference between the Tour and other bberries in terms of syncing so any specific answers in regards to the Tour would be great if possible.

Thanks!
    07-17-09 04:42 PM
    Same issue here.... never had this problem with a BB before.
    07-18-09 01:09 AM
    same issue here. when i plug the tour into my macbook it charges but the drive won't mount. have disk access turned on.
    07-20-09 09:53 AM
    Try MissingSync 2.0 from Mark/Space. It cost approx. $40 but it works flawlessly. I've had it installed on my Tour since I got it a week ago. It works very well.
    07-20-09 08:02 PM
    So, is there no free way to do this?
    07-25-09 04:09 PM
    Have you updated to the latest drivers from the Blackberry website? I couldn't get it to sync with my PowerBook G4, but with my MacBook Pro PocketMac worked flawlessly. Remember to make sure that "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode" is set to "YES".

EDIT: to the OP, you don't need to add the device in pocketmac, the blackberry automatically shows up in the devices list.
    07-25-09 05:29 PM
    Have you updated to the latest drivers from the Blackberry website? I couldn't get it to sync with my PowerBook G4, but with my MacBook Pro PocketMac worked flawlessly. Remember to make sure that "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode" is set to "YES".

EDIT: to the OP, you don't need to add the device in pocketmac, the blackberry automatically shows up in the devices list.
    Having the "Mass Storage Mode" auto enabled works... I just did it right now...

You can find it under Options/Memory...
    07-25-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD