Hi and thanks in advance for any help. I've searched around but can't find a resolution to my issue.

In the past few days I've downloaded DM for Mac, performed a full back-up (did not sync) and upgraded my 8310 to 4.5 (via PC).

My problem is I cannot restore the backup via DM for Mac. When I click on the backup (.bbb), the DM just keeps thinking and the restore button is grayed. I can never get to the point of clicking the restore button.

I have turned ON Mass Storage Mode Support.

Thanks for some advice!
    Last edited by bbmacuser; 11-08-09 at 02:28 PM.
    11-08-09 01:09 PM
    My problem is I cannot restore the backup via DM for Mac. When I click on the backup (.bbb), the DM just keeps thinking and the restore button is grayed. I can never get to the point of clicking the restore button.
    I am a little confused by your post. What do you mean click on the .bbb file? This is not how you would do a restore. Simply attach your device to your mac, open DM and click on the restore button. You will have a list of backup files to choose from. Select the one you want and either restore all data or restore selected data and off you go.
    11-08-09 04:05 PM
    I am a little confused by your post. What do you mean click on the .bbb file? This is not how you would do a restore. Simply attach your device to your mac, open DM and click on the restore button. You will have a list of backup files to choose from. Select the one you want and either restore all data or restore selected data and off you go.
    Thanks for your response and sorry for the confusing post.

Once connected to DM, I click restore at the top right which takes me to another window where I can choose my backup file. I click on the backup file which appears in the box. At that point DM never gives me the option to choose restore in the lower left of the window--it's grayed out and there's a little spinning wheel above the restore button.

Hope that's more clear...

edit: I'm using Snow Leopard.
    11-08-09 05:42 PM
    Apparently I'm the only one in the world with this issue!! I've googled the heck out of this problem but ...NOTHING!

Does anyone think it has anything to do with the fact that I backed up on Mac and then upgraded on Windows, and then tried to restore on Mac?? Just pulling at straws here now.

What could possibly be the problem? I read the post replies to sk8addict (I can't post links yet) and I really wish it was that simple for me !

I even copied the back up file from Mac to PC, changed the .bbb to .ipd in the hopes I could restore on the PC, of course, that didn't work.

Anyone have other ideas?
    11-10-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD