Hi, I have a problem uninstalling theme that I installed using PocketMac. Also the theme I installed with PocketMac does not showned in the application list but it shows in the theme list, so I can't delete it from the application list. However, I have no problem deleting theme that I got by OTA. Can anyone help me how to uninstall or deleting the theme with PocketMac or any other way. I'm using 8310 4.5.099. Thanks
    11-23-08 03:33 PM
    Hi, can anyone help me with the uninstalling application problem with PocketMac. Thanks..
    11-24-08 03:00 AM
    I am pretty sure that you cannot delete via PocketMac. Try going to Options > Advanced Options > Applications and scroll to the theme you want to delete. Make sure you are not using it currently, BB button > Delete. Once you reset the phone, the theme should be gone.
    11-24-08 10:14 AM
    I am pretty sure that you cannot delete via PocketMac. Try going to Options > Advanced Options > Applications and scroll to the theme you want to delete. Make sure you are not using it currently, BB button > Delete. Once you reset the phone, the theme should be gone.
    This is incorrect information.

You cannot delete things directly on the bb that you have installed thru PM and infact they will not even show up under advanced applications(this is the reason you can't delete it bc its not there!), the only way to uninstall is thru PM< which i honestly have had marginal success with in the past.

You open PM, connect device go to Utilities->uninstall software from device and choose what you want to delete. It says its gone but more often than not it's still there. When i had my 8130 Pearl, i was only successful deleting themes once i did that process over and over and over again, and one time it actually worked.

Since then and with my 8330 i do not install anything thru PM, if a theme isnt OTA i dont use it lol.

Good luck
    11-24-08 11:02 AM
    Really? I only installed one theme via PM on my 8130, and I got rid of it by wiping the phone. I thought that you could delete stuff the same way as stuff loaded by DM.

To be honest, I use my wifes Toshiba laptop to load themes, and even create them with Plazmic.

It is unfortunate that the software for Macs is pretty much non existent unless you want to pay for Missing Sync.
    11-24-08 11:11 AM
    Really? I only installed one theme via PM on my 8130, and I got rid of it by wiping the phone. I thought that you could delete stuff the same way as stuff loaded by DM.

To be honest, I use my wifes Toshiba laptop to load themes, and even create them with Plazmic.

It is unfortunate that the software for Macs is pretty much non existent unless you want to pay for Missing Sync.
    Correct, you can remove via wiping the phone...but you shouldnt have to do this to uninstall a theme. PM sucks in my opinion and when it works, it's ok...problem being most of the time it doesnt work. && for us without access to winblows, we have no choice but to put up with the shortcomings.
    11-24-08 11:32 AM
    Thanks HeavyFluid & ShortStop.. That is exactly what happened. Since I installed it thru PM it doesn't showed up in the advance applications hence I can't delete it. But when I try to delete it with PM, nothing happened and the theme is still in the theme list. Can you tell me maybe I can uninstall it thru windows running comp with desktop manager? or Missing Sync will do it? But for sure I will only do OTA next time...
    11-24-08 12:26 PM
    You can definitely uninstall it with Desktop Manager.
    11-24-08 02:13 PM
    You can definitely uninstall it with Desktop Manager.
    OK let me try it... Thanks
    11-24-08 03:47 PM
    OK let me try it... Thanks
    I try with the DM on Windows and guess what, theme didn't showed up in the list of application. What shows are all the applications that are listed in the Advance Options - Application on the BB.

Now both PocketMac and DM cannot recognized the theme applications... hhhmmm
    11-27-08 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD