I did a search and didn't find anything like my issue. I have a Mac running Snow Leopard and a BB Curve 8520 OS 4.6 . The BBDM when I go to do a Two Way Sync on the Calendar wants to delete old Calendar events off of my computer. For a variety of reasons, this is unacceptable. I need to keep that information on my comp. It doesn't give many options even under "Advance Options" so I tried Future Events Only and I tried the 'only do this date range' option but no matter what it wants to delete old calendar events off of my computer. Presumably it would work fine to just have the computer override the BB but sometimes I add events directly onto my BB as I assume most people do so I just want a simple two-way sync.

So then, I uninstalled the BBDM and DLd the latest version of Pocket Mac but it just hangs up. It's been syncing the contacts for at least 45 mins, I don't know if it's actually doing anything or not.

I'm one of the people for whom the BBDM has been highly problematic. So now that Pocket Mac doesn't want to work (it worked for me before in Tiger) I just really don't know what to do. I'm basically back where I can't sync my BB anymore. Any ideas appreciated.
    03-11-10 04:29 AM
    Try installing BB DM again, but trash all other sync programs and their files first.
    The main issue most people seem to have is the 'blackberry desktop folder' in their mac library. Deleting this and and having a phone with empty contacts and address book seems to be almost a requisite. It also helps to have only one calendar on your mac.
    1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
    3. Empty the Trash Bin.
    4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Do your sync again, and it should work.
    03-11-10 02:38 PM
    I did a search and didn't find anything like my issue. I have a Mac running Snow Leopard and a BB Curve 8520 OS 4.6 . The BBDM when I go to do a Two Way Sync on the Calendar wants to delete old Calendar events off of my computer. For a variety of reasons, this is unacceptable. I need to keep that information on my comp. It doesn't give many options even under "Advance Options" so I tried Future Events Only and I tried the 'only do this date range' option but no matter what it wants to delete old calendar events off of my computer. Presumably it would work fine to just have the computer override the BB but sometimes I add events directly onto my BB as I assume most people do so I just want a simple two-way sync.

So then, I uninstalled the BBDM and DLd the latest version of Pocket Mac but it just hangs up. It's been syncing the contacts for at least 45 mins, I don't know if it's actually doing anything or not.

I'm one of the people for whom the BBDM has been highly problematic. So now that Pocket Mac doesn't want to work (it worked for me before in Tiger) I just really don't know what to do. I'm basically back where I can't sync my BB anymore. Any ideas appreciated.
    On the Blackberry check the options for the calendar. Under "General Options" be sure it is set to keep appointment forever. Chances are yours is set to only keep them for a limited time. The Blackberry doesn't keep them forever by default, you have to change that option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 06:23 PM
    Sorry for the delayed response, I was out of town workin'. I did change the "keep forever" setting before I made my post, but I will try these other suggestions. Thanks much!
    03-25-10 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD