Hello,

after trying to update to the latest BB link version, which failed, I completely uninstalled BB link in order to solve the problem. Which unfortunately did not solve the case since I seem to have the same problem again: the installation process quits shortly before finishing and right after (during validation of the packages). This happened before updating to Mavericks, during the time of Mavericks and now with Yosemite running.

I tried redownloading the installer, allowing installation of apps downloaded from "anywhere" in the Security & Privacy section of the System Preferences, disabling the firewall and now I am clueless.

Since my Blackberry, a Q10, has serious issues with the quality of connections I need to have it sent in for repairs so I finally have to backup my data.

I am trying to install the latest version of BB link (1.2.1) and my Mac is running Yosemite (10.10).

Any idea for solutions? Many thanks!

Cannot install Blackberry Link on Mac-screen-shot-2014-08-28-11.34.03.png
    Last edited by mustermann; 09-03-14 at 07:44 AM.
    08-28-14 04:50 AM
    Did you reboot your mac system after uninstalling Link? If not, reboot your system and try installing again.
    Some applications do not uninstall completely until you have rebooted the system.
    08-28-14 05:22 AM
    I did. Many times actually.
    09-02-14 10:14 AM
    Perhaps the current Link version is not compatible with Yosemite? Although the system requirements say OS X 10.7 or later (implies Yosemite), maybe theres something not fully compatible in the Link installer that is required for a successful Yosemite install?
    System requirements: BlackBerry Link for Mac OS - User Guide - BlackBerry Link for Mac OS - 1.2.1
    10-04-14 10:48 AM
    Unfortunately apple doesn't support the blackberry link anymore (Mavericks OS and up). The way around this is a manual transfer - you can download apps for Dropbox and/or GoogleDrive and use those as another way to move files between the devices. I use Dropbox for photos and music - have folders in each and just share the photos and music to the dropbox folder as I would if I were emailing etc. then download to the computer or the other way around - from dropbox to device. I plan to do the same with the music. Not sure how it will work with music but fingers crossed. I have not found another way to handle moving that data between running Mavericks 10.9.5 with a blackberry 10.

Good luck!
    12-08-14 05:06 PM

I am trying to install the latest version of BB link (1.2.1) and my Mac is running Yosemite (10.10).

Any idea for solutions? Many thanks!
    this is why i did not upgrade to yosemite
    currently running

macbook air (mid 2013)
    mac os mavericks v10.9.5
    itunes v12.0.1.26
    blackberry link v1.2.1 (build 18)

my q10 (according to carrier - optus)
    software release
    os version

one alternative is to go back to mavericks through app store.
    if you have downloaded previously then the mavericks link will be in *purchases.

simply download, make yourself a bootable mavericks usb

12-23-14 06:55 PM