Can someone explain how to email video, I have a Torch and BB Desktop for Mac. I have short 15 second videos and my only options are you tube and BB Messenger. I searched a bit and am only seeing answers to other BB models. Thank you.
    09-16-10 08:35 PM
    When I take a video, as soon as I stop recording I get icons on the bottom of the screen. 1 is an envelope. If I click on that I get the option to email, BBM, or Bluetooth. Same option if I select the video in the media area, hit the BB key, and go to send.
    09-16-10 08:41 PM
    I have 3 short videos I shot, when I go to menu and click send I get you tube or bbm only. No email options, so strange.
    09-16-10 09:01 PM
    well all bb's came with the computer plug, just plug it in and all your info should be in your libraries i do it all the time. its alot better if you have a memory card in your phone.
    09-16-10 09:04 PM
    there is no transfer to mac desktop for video, only PC. Ok I took a new video and there is an option to email from the screen while the video is fresh. But there is no option from the videos once they are filed or wherever they are, I assume on the media card? Seems strange? Hopefully there is a way to get them off the phone.
    09-16-10 09:08 PM
    I get the options when I go to the videos folder. Not sure how it works on a Mac but I can plug my BB into my PC, select the mass storage mode options, and can then access the memory card and internal memory as a drive. Similar to the way you would access a USB drive.
    09-16-10 09:18 PM
    I tried to attach them from my email and it says the file is to large? I guess i have my answer. Seems strange that open can email videos from most other devices, I remember doing this in the old days from my PALM, is this an ATT thing? I know you can email video from the iphone. I still love the phone, this is my first and only issue.
    09-16-10 09:19 PM
    It has to do with what size the video is. If the file size is too large to email (and I'm not sure the limit) you won't have the option to email or MMS once the video has been recorded and filed on your card. I believe the option to email or MMS directly after taking a video is there because there seems to be some kind of compression or downsizing takes place. If you want to be sure you can email a video after saving, set your record options to the lower format before recording. Try it... Record a 15 second vid on the higher setting... Save it and only you tube and bluetooth show as send options. Record a 15 second video on the lower format and save it and email and MMS will then also show in send options. This won't help you with vids you have already recorded but may help in the future.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-16-10 09:25 PM
    Are you in Media > Videos looking at the list? I recorded a 20s video and let it save to my SD card then went in and looked at the Video listing as noted previously. I selected my video and hit the BB Menu key. Under Send there are several options including email.

A better solution is to upload it to a video service like YT and them email out the URL. Not sure on any size limitation. That must be a carrier thing. I cannot see your video being much larger than the one I created as long as you used the default settings.

09-16-10 10:15 PM
    snip...
    Not sure on any size limitation. That must be a carrier thing.
    Huummm... I have long read on Crackberry that BIS limits the size of media files for email.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/emai...through-44302/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/fi...-limit-483803/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/fi...tation-502079/
    09-17-10 07:50 AM
    Plug the phone in to the USB port, it will show up as a drive on the Mac. Go to the folder the video is stored in and drag and drop it to the Mac. You guys make this way too complicated.

09-17-10 12:37 PM
    No kidding! I was here to say mount the blackberry as a usb drive!

09-17-10 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD