Hey all,

So the other day I got the spinning clock of doom on my Storm I. It's dead, won't turn on, I just get the spinning clock or the solid red light. So I obviously can't see anything else. My contacts were not stored on the removable disc, however I had been backing up my data every month or so using the latest version of BDM for Macintosh. Because my Storm won't fire up, BDM doesn't recognize that it's plugged in. With that said, is there any way I can retrieve my contacts on the Mac? Is there a file stored somewhere with my address book info? Thanks in advance.
    09-26-10 08:10 PM
    if you have been backing up your data everymonth, a copy of your contacts is in the back up.
    09-26-10 08:16 PM
    Right, but how do I go about retrieving them if my Storm is shot and doesn't turn on/won't connect to BDM? Where do I look on my Mac? Is there a stored file somewhere?
    09-26-10 09:55 PM
    Well I know where it is in windows and I think the file extension is ipd.

If you open DM and connect your new berry and do a restore they should pop up.

As far as importing them to a computer address book I have no clue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 10:46 PM
    Thanks Fubaz. The one thing I failed to mention though is that the new phone isn't a BB, it's the Samsung Fascinate (Droid). So I may be screwed here. But I'll do a search for that file format you mentioned and see what comes up. Thanks again.
    09-27-10 03:48 AM
    Fubaz- I figured it out after much research. Turns out BDM uses file type dot BBB for Mac whereas the PC version is dot IPD, as you mentioned. I was able to convert the dot BBB file to a dot IPD, then I threw it on my PC, downloaded & installed a free trial version of Amber BlackBerry Converter and bamm!!! There's all my contacts. I can export them as a text file, etc. I will probably still have to end up inputting them one by one manually into my new Droid, but hey... at least I've retrieved them!
    09-27-10 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD