Im on OSX 10.4.11 and my boss gave me his BBC to transfer his pictures to the computer to have more free memory on the BB.

Is there a way to connect the BB using USB and somehow reach to some folder to take out the pictures by dragging them to the desktop? THAT easy? When I connect it, I get this message saying I need a highpowered USB port (I'm on the back of the iMac, theres no "higher" power usbs) and/or that I need the drivers.

Its driving me insane, I'm not that much of a technotard, but solving these kinds of problems never take me this much. Frustrating.

I've ventured through tons of forums and threads to no avail. Everybody talks about the PocketMac or something like that, or DesktopManager, other people talk about a MediaCard etc etc.

-I dont have/want a MediaCard
    -I installed the BB DesktopMgr directly from the CD and when opened, NOTHING happens.
    -Will PocketMac let me go in the images folder? I dont want to sync or anything, I just want to grab the pictures.

Thanks a bunch.
    07-16-08 10:44 AM
    1) You cannot navigate the Berry through finder... only the microSD if one is installed and in Mass Storage Mode

2) Desktop Manager is for PC, not Mac

3) PocketMac does not sync images, as far as I know... I do not use it very often (and it does not allow you to grab them from the device)

Honestly, your best bet would be to use Windows () I am a huge Mac Fanatic and have been a Mac user my whole life, but I have Windows XP Pro SP3 running on a VM through VMWare Fusion... so I can have a better BlackBerry experience!

Either that, or get a microSD card... and move the pics to that to save device memory. That way, you can also use Mass Storage mode and look at the microSD card in the Finder when the Berry is plugged into USB! that USB error message on the iMac is just because you do not have Pocket Mac (which includes the needed driver) installed!!

Check out the rest of the Mac Forum... there is a ton of info!! And Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    07-16-08 10:51 AM
    Awww man, am I the only one thinking its completely unacceptable?! I don't think so... but anyway THANKS a bunch for the response.

I guess I'll have to send the images through email or bluetooth one by one. Lame.

Thanks again!
    07-16-08 11:27 AM
    i think this would work...
    demo missing sync (markspace.com). you have 15 days to try the software, plenty of time to pull the photos off the device (i dont think the demo is limited in any way)

i agree, it's stupid there is no Desktop manager software for Mac (there is, but it costs $40)

If your boss (or you) are going to routinely pull photos off the device, order a cheap sd card from someplace like datamem.com (i think you can get a 1 gig for $5) so you can do device control in the finder.
    07-16-08 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD