08-10-08 05:43 PM
31 12
tools
    I'm looking for a ringtone maker for Mac, can anybody recommend one? Or what's the easiest way to make a ringtone out of a song? I'm using Missing Sync, and theres not an application for ringtones. Please help. Thank you!
    01-19-08 01:41 PM
    Well, you can load a song onto your Micro SD, and put it into the Ringtone Folder. Then go to profiles, and hit Browse, and then choose your song.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-08 06:23 PM
    You can also make a ringtone in iTunes - provided you ripped it.
    01-19-08 06:27 PM
    i use garageband. in addition to all the music loops there are a lot of sound effects that are great. once you're done, use the share function to send the song to iTunes. you'll have to convert the file to mp3 format, which by default is saved in the iTunes library in a folder entiltled "[insert users name]'s album". hope that helps, this is my first post.
    01-20-08 03:03 AM
    ps - if you mount your BB as a mass media device you don't have to use missing sync. you can just drag and drop your files.
    01-20-08 03:05 AM
    Have you checked out tuneusin.com? That site has a bunch a free tones that you can save and use as a ringtone.
    01-20-08 10:09 PM
    ps - if you mount your BB as a mass media device you don't have to use missing sync. you can just drag and drop your files.
    How do you mount the BB to the Mac? I used to be able to do this with my Moto Q (garbage) but cannot figure out how to do it w/BB. Thanks.
    06-01-08 10:28 PM
    As for editing software for the Mac to make ringtones, I would recommend Fission. This software is really simple and easy to use (although not free). It is an audio editing software and I use it to crop and fade song segments into ringtones.
    06-03-08 12:51 AM
    i use a website...no downloads...works on anything.
    Make Your Own Ringtones - Free Ringtone Maker

It's good as long as you have the song on your mac, you can upload it to the site and drag the sliders where you want to make the ringtone, then VOILA...you can email it to yourself, or send it to your cell and save it as a ringtone. Easiest thing yet i have found to do on my mac
    06-03-08 02:56 AM
    myxertones.com is a free website that you can search for and make ringtones for your phone.

just go to make your own and add a song from your itunes (or whatever you use) and click customize. then it gives you recommendations on what parts you should use, or you can do it yourself. then click send and it sends it to your phone via MMS, and you click on the link and download it. you can also do it with pictures from your computer and things like that.

i used to use garageband and bluetooth them over, but it's far more complicated than myxertones.com
    06-08-08 04:31 PM
    I use Audacity to make my ringtones. It's a free application and it works great.
    06-08-08 11:49 PM
    I also use Audacity, it's really simple and effective. . . and free
    06-09-08 05:43 AM
    I use Audacity.
    06-09-08 02:41 PM
    For me it's Garageband because it's easy to use, relatively quick and the software's already there.

06-21-08 09:41 PM
    I've been using itunes, the only thing I've noticed is the sound loudness/quality on the mac is carried over to the phone, for example, my Journey ringtone is so low compared to my Ne-yo. I would like a standard volume. I'm going to play with some settings when I get home tonight so I might be able to fix the discrepancy there.
    06-25-08 11:10 AM
    I used the one posted by ShortStop51001 and it works great.
    06-25-08 10:51 PM
    i use a website...no downloads...works on anything.
    Make Your Own Ringtones - Free Ringtone Maker
    I use this too and love it - it's super easy and you can use it anywhere on any machine or browser.
    06-25-08 10:52 PM
    I use the website Mobile17, it's free and works awesome!! But, they have to be unprotected files...but you can use Audacity too for the others, it works awesome too!!!
    06-26-08 12:36 PM
    Sorry if this is redunant but Garage Band is easy. I tried iTones for my iPhone but its 15 & GB works great.

06-26-08 06:56 PM
    I've used both Audacity (on my PC & Mac) and Garage Band and both do a great job. For those wanting to check out GB, here's a quick tutorial on it's use. I export my ringtones at 128kbps stereo as MP3's and they come out at about 250k for a 30-sec tone.

Garage Band Tutorial
    07-05-08 12:57 AM
    I also use Garageband, I have the 8830 WE and the ringtones are really quite so I just turn up the dps and works great. Also really fast and easy.
    07-22-08 12:58 PM
    Aren't itunes protected? how can they be dragged and dropped into garage band?
    07-24-08 01:55 AM
    Use Garageband to edit your favorite songs. Export them as MP3s and drag them to your BB in the Finder. Full songs or chopped up songs both work as ringtones.
    07-24-08 11:16 AM
    Aren't itunes protected? how can they be dragged and dropped into garage band?
    You can still drag iTunes songs into garage band. You have to provide a track for it (not the piano, but a microphone track works best for me).
    07-24-08 11:17 AM
    I'll have to ask a friend for help because no matter what I do; it tells me I cant transfer a protected file. Thank you.
    07-24-08 12:44 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD