Can 2 Curve 8330 bbs use the same Desktop Manager 4 Mac? I don't want to risk messing up my bb, the desktop manager, or hubby's bb by using it for both if it can't or shouldn't be done. Can it handle both without confusing the different apps and data and keeping them separate? Thanks in advance.
    10-03-09 05:34 PM
    My understanding is no. I might be wrong though, but if memory serves me right I saw it on the apple website
    10-03-09 05:49 PM
    Thanks for your quick response, it has saved me grief!
    10-03-09 06:10 PM
    Why not? You can in windows it detects your pin and you would just have to create 2 separate folders and name them corresponding to each of your BB's and save the backup's to each there own folder. Yes, No?
    10-03-09 07:03 PM
    I'm with IZZY Dead here. If DM4M can't do this, it's another strike against it.

The PINs are different, and DM4M "should" be able to differentiate between the two.
    10-03-09 10:06 PM
    Iy should be able to because everytime it mounts it recognizes each pin and type of bb. This is method as in pc. I'll try to sync my brothers storm and my 8900 and get beck to you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 12:50 AM
    According to the article about DM on MacWorld from two days ago, you can absolutely sync multiple devices with DM for Mac. Here's a quote from the article as well as a link to the article itself:

"BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac allows you to sync multiple devices with the same Mac."

RIM releases official BlackBerry desktop software for Mac | Utilities | iPhone Central | Macworld
    10-04-09 01:59 PM
    It's true, you can sync multiple devices (even the same models) to your Mac. I have two BB Tours synced to mine with no problems. Just be sure to differentiate the names of your back-ups (i.e. his/hers) , so future restores don't get confusing. : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 04:30 PM
    Wonderful news. it will just make it so much easier, thank you all for your help!
    10-04-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD