according to a very good Mac site. CIO.com confirms rumors that I've been hearing for at least six months: RIM is preparing to release native BlackBerry utilities for Mac users. According to CIO.com's source, who requested anonymity, the software tools are being prepped for the first half of 2009.

here is the link: RIM source says Mac tools are on the way! - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)

FINALLY!!!!!!
    Last edited by robslaw; 09-19-08 at 10:24 PM.
    09-19-08 10:12 PM
    First half of 2009? My...that's still a long way to go ......

But good news nonetheless!
    09-22-08 02:18 AM
    Whats a Mac?
    09-22-08 02:54 AM
    Whats a Mac?
    I think it's a truck driver or possibly a plumber

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 03:34 AM
    So much for it being done by October, which is what I heard all the way back in March. *Sigh*

09-22-08 12:37 PM
    this has been breaking for quite some time seemingly...
    10-12-08 01:55 AM
    it makes sense that most companies don't waste there resources on creating compatibility programs for macs being that macs only make up about 7% of the market, although thats growing, i personally own a mac and can't wait for this to come out. But id rather have a mac then a computer that when clicking on any link is prone to any amount of viruses. when i bought my mac, all the programs there are to download are well made.
    10-12-08 09:09 AM
    I think it's a truck driver or possibly a plumber

Everyone knows a MAC is a burger!
    10-12-08 09:24 AM
    yes mac only makes up 7 percent but it is obviously growing at an exponential rate...
    10-13-08 01:08 AM
    about ****ing time!!!!!!!
    10-13-08 01:15 AM
    I don't care what the percentage is. I'm not in HS where I have to try to "fit in". Heck I've been using Apples since I WAS in HS! I'm a Mac user and that's that. If they want to keep my business, RIM needs to start supporting Mac in a serious way, right about now. Other companies manage to do it despite whatever the "percentages" may be so RIM can do it too.
    10-31-08 11:47 PM
    I can understand why they've delayed this for so long.
    Blackberry's where primarily created for businesses. Hence the Windows integration, as only digital agencies used Macs.
    Now Macs have gone mainstream(ish) they can't be ignored anymore, and have become a legitimate platform for RIM to target now.
    11-01-08 02:52 PM
    Don't forget that RIM does provide PocketMac for Blackberrys, although I haven't used it so I can't address how well it works.

But I am waiting anxiously for a native solution from RIM.

11-01-08 03:11 PM
    Pocketmac is sketchy to say the least. When I had a bb, it was never reliable.

I guess a good comparison would be Windows releasing a version of office for mac. Yes its only 7% of the landscape, but it still makes good business sense in the long run.
    11-02-08 01:01 PM
    RIM is going to be forced to start adding Mac tools, with the explosion of the iphone, they would be fools to ignore this valuable market segment.
    11-09-08 04:51 PM
    A Mac is a computer that works. It just works. No virus software BS, it just works. It's gaining market share everyday, and it works. PC's always have problems... I hate problems... Macs don't have problems, they just work. I HATE WINDOWS!!! Macs will run Windows for sadists who like problems.
    11-09-08 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD