Hopefully i can get some help here.I have a bb curve 8330 through verizon.I am just trying to figure out how to put new themes on my bb.I've downloaded themes compatible with the 8330 and dragged them into the bb on my mac.They appear in my pictures menu but when i open them, the screen is blank and it just says camera.What am i doing wrong????????Thanks
    06-30-08 03:24 PM
    You cannot drag and drop themes onto your Berry!! Unfortunately...

For the Mac, I believe you can use Pocket Mac to install themes!!

I am a Mac User and have been my whole life... currently, to sync my Berry, I use Fusion runnin XP Pro SP3.

I know that probably does not give you the help you needed, but I find Windows to be a lot less hassle than OSX when syncing my Berry!! It is sad, but true!! And I just came to deal with it...

Check out the other threads in the Mac Forum and you will find a lot of info on this!! I am sure this will help you a ton!!
    06-30-08 03:28 PM
    BBs started life as enterprise devices, where Windows has ruled for pretty much ever. Because of this (and Macs very limited business marketshare) BB support for Mac amounts to very little.

That leaves you with:
    1) Pocketmac, free and some people can get it to work.
    2) 3rd party apps like Missing Synch that you pay for.
    3) Running Windows on your Mac just to make BB synch easier. Unless you have a PPC Mac.

Anyway, it can work, but it is definitely easiest with Windows.
    06-30-08 03:49 PM
    Missing sync won't let you install 3rd party apps or themes.

If you can actually get Pocketmac to work, it will install apps/themes to your bb.

Your best choice is VMware and then install XP on your mac.

Or as I try to do, find OTA downloads of whatever I am wanting to install.
    07-02-08 10:54 AM
    Welcome to C I hope you get it worked out.
    07-02-08 10:57 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    07-02-08 11:27 AM
    I usually just OTA the themes. If I do d/l a theme, I use Fusion or BootCamp and load thru windoze.
    07-05-08 09:30 AM
    I just bought a MacBook in Jan/Feb and mainly used it with my iPhone; they worked perfectly together. Since there is no love for Mac, I just use my desktop PC to sync my BB.

I havent tried any of the programs listed here for Mac users; just seems like more work than I need/want to do.

For themes, I just do OTA~ but I'm discovering that with certain themes, my battery drains extremely fast.
    07-05-08 09:38 AM
    Missing sync won't let you install 3rd party apps or themes.

If you can actually get Pocketmac to work, it will install apps/themes to your bb.

Your best choice is VMware and then install XP on your mac.

Or as I try to do, find OTA downloads of whatever I am wanting to install.
    I can't believe that I have to give money to M$ to be able to use my phone.
    07-13-08 10:44 PM
    i just got a 2nd hand 8707G, i manage to use PocketMac to sync on my iBook G3 running MAC OSX 10.4, but when i try to sync with my MacBook on Mac OSX 10.5 it just won't detect the BB device. i wonder if anyone manage to get it to work on Intel Mac with Mac OSx Tiger 10.5
    07-14-08 11:46 AM
    i just got a 2nd hand 8707G, i manage to use PocketMac to sync on my iBook G3 running MAC OSX 10.4, but when i try to sync with my MacBook on Mac OSX 10.5 it just won't detect the BB device. i wonder if anyone manage to get it to work on Intel Mac with Mac OSx Tiger 10.5
    Amen bother. I have the exact same problem. PocketMac refuses to detect my 8830 running 10.5.4 on my Rev. A MacBook. I had to resort to the trial of the Missing Sync to get my contacts and calendar loaded up.

When I installed the Missing Sync it warned me that it would overwrite my PocketMac BB drivers. I thought I would be real slick and use the Missing Sync drivers to make PocketMac work, but no luck. PocketMac just REFUSES to work.
    07-16-08 10:54 AM
    Welcome to the crack. You will love it here
    07-16-08 10:58 AM
    PocketMac and MissingSync disable each other's USB drivers. So does VZAM and MissingSync.

You have to use one OR the other, can't use both....
    07-16-08 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD