I've been running my Storm on .75 since day one, and I've been waiting patiently for the new OS. Well, I'm tired of waiting. I decided to go ahead and use my Boot camp asst utility to install Windows on my G5(10.5.6), so I can install a leaked OS.
    I'm definitely NOT tech savvy. How much should I allocate to Windows? 5GB is what popped up as the default I'll probably be using this only for BB DM manager. Which Windows OS is optimal, or does it make a difference? Any pitfalls that people have run into when doing this? How hard is this to do? Thanks.
    Last edited by pdxmike; 04-12-09 at 10:54 PM. Reason: not complete
    04-12-09 10:52 PM
    You can't use Bootcamp on G5.... Need Intel based Mac...
    Fusion is the way to go....
    Allow 20 gig and call it good !
    04-13-09 02:01 AM
    ya u need intel and id allocate 20+gigs
    04-13-09 09:24 AM
    PdxMike, XXfire is correct you cannot run bootcamp on a G5 due to a non-intel processor. If you have any questions about using Virtualization I.E VmWare fusion I will be free the next couple days and use VMware fusion on my mac to upgrade my storm, and all game for helping people getting their storm to work the way it should! PIN or email me
    04-15-09 09:47 PM
    PdxMike, XXfire is correct you cannot run bootcamp on a G5 due to a non-intel processor. If you have any questions about using Virtualization I.E VmWare fusion I will be free the next couple days and use VMware fusion on my mac to upgrade my storm, and all game for helping people getting their storm to work the way it should! PIN or email me
    Same here... Fuzion to update my Storm all the time.... I only bootcamp for ArcMap stuff.... PM or hit me up on BBM !
    04-15-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD