I'm new here so if somebody already asked this question I apologize.I just got a new 8350i and I'm new to bb as well,I plugged in usb to my mac to syn it(battery was low)and phone just went off.Unable to charge,turn on or anything.Red light comes on for a couple seconds then nothing.Took battery out and put it back but still nothing.Any suggestions?Thanks in advance for any help!
    11-21-09 08:24 PM
    plug it into the wall charger to bring the battery back
    11-21-09 09:32 PM
    Thanks for responding,I have plugged into wall outlet,car charger and another computer.Nothing.Red light comes on for a couple seconds thats it.I'm wondering if connecting it to my computer caused problem?I just got it and haven't even really used it just started reading manuals today because it's first bb I've owned and wasn't sure how to utilize features.Has warranty but a pain in the - to send in and wait for it to return.Hoping it was a simple fix?Thanks for any help!!
    11-21-09 11:13 PM
    Sounds like you have a very, very dead battery. Plug in with the wall charger overnight and see if it fires up in the morning - if it doesn't, then explore the warranty exchange options.
    11-21-09 11:52 PM
    do you know if that red light only coming on for a few seconds indicates anything?Did I possibly do something wrong when trying to sync to computer?I will take your advice,leaving it plugged in.I don't know anything about bb but seems weird that battery is that dead and just connecting it to computer shouldn't have killed it?Are these phones that fragile?One more thing this might be a stupid question but is all the info on the sim card itself?Is the 1g chip just for photos,music ect?
    11-22-09 12:13 AM
    Not likely that plugging the device into the computer has anything to do with your issue. It is possible the usb port is bad, is the device a refurb? The phones are not that fragile. Are you asking about the sim card or the media card? The SIM holds personal identity information, cell phone number, phone book, text messages and other data...SIM cards are used with carriers that operate on the Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) network. The media card (SDHC) will store photos, music, etc. and can not be used to run applications (which are run by the internal memory of the device).
    11-23-09 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD