I am a new owner of a new blackberry bold. I used to own the palm and used palms software for my contacts and calendar. It was fine but no where near as great as the bold! I haven't figured out how to best use the calendar feature. I don't sync to a work system- I just use it for personal purposes. I am purely a Mac user. If my carrier had the iphone, I'd also be an iphone owner only for ease of having everything connected. I use a mobile me account, gmail, and yahoo. Can anyone tell me what the best way to make this thing as compatible as possible with my mac stuff? I'm really only looking for pictures, music, and calendar with the calendar being the most important. I haven't downloaded the BB software yet- I've read the tutorials but I wanted to be sure it was necessary before putting it on my computer. Thanks a ton!
    06-29-10 05:58 PM
    I've found that the best way to sync my calendar with my mac is to create a calendar on ical (the mac application). I then set up a google calendar, and have that set up to sync with my ical. I downloaded Google Sync on my blackberry, which is set to sync my blackberry with my google calendar. If I add an event to either my ical, blackberry calendar, or google calendar, it shows up on the other two. It's a great system, and I hope that answers your question!

With regard to the other items, if you download and set up desktop manager it will sync your photos, music, etc.
    06-29-10 08:25 PM
    I have the same issue. MobileMe is pretty nice and wish it could sync to the BlackBerry. I use the BlackBerry desktop manager. Its not great (or even close), but it prevents having multiple entries and other unreliablilities I found with the Google sync option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 08:35 PM
    Thanks for your time. So, do you use the BlackBerry software at all?
    06-30-10 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD