This post actually belongs in 3 forums: Bold, AT&T and Mac Users, but here goes anyway.

The Desktop Manager for Mac cannot handle installing 4.6.0.304. I don't know why. It fails every time, and I always end up with no OS on my device. I can reinstall previous versions... just not this one.

The Windows DM can do it, but for some reason after upgrading to .304 with that I was having data issues with my 3rd party apps.

I'm gonna stick to .297 for now. Are there any better non AT&T OS's that I should try from other carriers?
    11-15-09 05:59 PM
    The Mac DM is great and all but its still not ready for doing OS upgrades, its one of the reasons i still need to hold onto a windows install in Fusion.
    11-15-09 07:15 PM
    i installed .297 when it cam out (2nd time) no issues. my first install of ,304 did leave me with a missing facebook icon i had to wipe to fix. other than that love the mac DM
    11-15-09 08:25 PM
    I used mac dm and had problems with the 3rd party apps also. But i just did a restore after installing the new update and everything came back. It was weird, but it worked.
    Last edited by gms021; 11-15-09 at 08:48 PM.
    11-15-09 08:45 PM
    I used mac dm and had problems with the 3rd party apps also. But i just did a restore after installing the new update and everything came back. It was weird, but it worked.
    i tried the restore but didn't help.

is an OTA update the same as updating through DM?
    11-15-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD