I have a Rogers unlocked Bold. I have no idea anything about it nor what version i am running.

I would like to update the version on Mac.

Please help. I would really appreciate it.

Drops calls all the time,
    Shuts off,
    Doesn't send all texts
    Freezes.

Thank you
    06-25-09 06:12 AM
    Hi fellow mac and bold user. Long story short, RIM hasn't made a desktop manager for us mac users. There are 2 alternatives when it comes to transfering and syncing data. Those are pocketmac and missing sync for blackberry. Personally I use missing sync because its reliable for me. For the upgrading of the OS you would have to be using windows either virtualised (vmware fusion or parallels desktop) or native (bootcamp). Hope that helps :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 07:09 AM
    Thank you. i really appreciate the help!
    06-25-09 08:53 AM
    It is probably easiest and cheaper to borrow a friend or family members PC for an hour to update the OS.

To find out what version you are running, go to options> about

for example, my version says v 4.6.0.247
    06-25-09 12:59 PM
    It says v4.6.0.125 platform(4.0.0.134)
    06-25-09 05:50 PM
    Ok thats an older build and since you are having issues you'd benefit from an OS update.
    Do you have access to a PC?
    If not follow the links in Tronyx's post.
    06-25-09 07:47 PM
    Yes i do have access to a PC. Is there a certain version that i want for a unlocked bold? If so where do find that version to download? Im a woman who has no idea about Blackberry. LOL. Thanks so much
    06-26-09 06:28 AM
    You can use this one, .282 it's the latest official release. it is stickied at the top of this page.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...leased-251060/
    Follow the directions closely, most important deleting the vendor xml file.

Your device being unlocked is irrelevant (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
    06-26-09 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD