Hey all,

Just a quick question, I currently have a Windows laptop, i run blackberry desktop manager on there and sync my bold with my PC great. I am looking at purchasing a Macbook.. my question is, does Blackberry Desktop Manager run on Macs? If so is it the same as on a PC?

Thanks for any help.
    11-17-09 08:19 PM
    yes they do.....

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com

assuming your in the united states. otherwise just go to blackberry.comand find the desktop manager download page.

and if the DM for Mac backs up your files into an .ipd format, then yes it should be the same thing
    11-17-09 08:45 PM
    they do have one i use it on my imac it works. but the desktop manager for pc is much better. and has many more feature like device switch wizard. but if you only need it to sync then your fine.
    11-18-09 12:17 AM
    As @Zombiepug says - if you just want to sync go for it, but just bear the limitations of the Mac DTM in mind if you do switch. Having said that I quite expect RIM will update the Mac version with all the PC features soon enough.

At least I hope they do!
    11-18-09 04:05 AM
    they do have one i use it on my imac it works. but the desktop manager for pc is much better. and has many more feature like device switch wizard. but if you only need it to sync then your fine.
    I agree!!! my 2c...
    11-18-09 04:32 AM
    Yea that would be great if they would eventually make it just like the pc version I don't see why they couldn't they just don't want to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 09:00 AM
    Yeah, my Bold is one of the dwindling reasons I still use Windows at all at home. I live comfortably on both OSes but prefer the Mac side when not in the office, but it's pretty useless if you're an intermediate to advanced BlackBerry tweaker.
    11-18-09 09:01 AM
    .....they just don't want to.
    Well, I don't work for RIM so I can't answer that with any conviction, but I suspect it is much more to do with the fact that DTM for Mac is new and they don't want to run before they can walk when it comes to the Mac platform.
    11-18-09 09:02 AM
    Yea except rim has had a pc version for years and pocketmac was garbage. My point is it seems they do not want to try and develop for mac almost seems like its an afterthought. I mean the program isn't doing anything that's revolutionary just port the windows version. I get that the mac dtm is new but look how long we were stuck with pocketmac. And just seems like RIM won't really strive to develop for mac unless they absolutley have to which is a shame.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD