Hi,

I have a Bold 9000 with a MacBook Air running on Snow Leopard and would like to know if it was possible that if I read a message on my Bold (came to me by push) it automatically would mark it as read in my Mac Mail.

I synced my hotmail on my Mac Mail and it works kinda awesome, but wanted to know if this was possible. It would be great if someone knew a bit more about this.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Costumed; 12-22-09 at 05:13 AM.
    12-21-09 06:32 PM
    what do you have set under email>options>email reconciliation?
    12-21-09 06:39 PM
    what do you have set under email>options>email reconciliation?
    Excuse me? It seems I can't find the info your looking for. Where can I find email>options>email reconciliation? I can only see the menus that are on this picture.

Where do I have to look?
    12-22-09 03:28 AM
    Okay, I know what you mean. It's on my device.

But look, before this I had used Outlook and that worked perfectly. I haven't changed anything since I switched to Mac, but this won't work like Outlook.

So how can this be done
    12-22-09 05:15 AM
    Okay, I know what you mean. It's on my device.

But look, before this I had used Outlook and that worked perfectly. I haven't changed anything since I switched to Mac, but this won't work like Outlook.

So how can this be done
    So what is the answer to my question....on your device? and yes you are correct, outlook does not work like mac mail or like entourage....why would it? Different companies and they are competitors.
    12-22-09 09:12 AM
    Okay, your right. Hahahaha, sorry.

Ehm, here's what I have there:

Delete from: inbox and heldhand
    Wireless sync: on
    With conflicts: handheld wins

Sorry for my terrible English, but my device is set up in Dutch
    12-22-09 09:30 AM
    So here is what happens....Your mail is actually on some remote server (not sure what the providers are in the Netherlands, but like gmail or mac...). Mac Mail goes to the server and retrieves the mail and brings it into your mac...you have the choice to leave on the server or delete from the server. Your device does the same thing...it retrieves the mail from the same server and either leaves it on the server or deletes it from the server. So if your device goes to the server first, your device program is set to delete from the server, so when the mac mail goes to the server, those emails have already been deleted. If you set your device to just delete from the handheld, then those emails will be available for mac mail. In mac mail you can setup a number of options under preferences and add accounts.
    12-22-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD