I have a 15.4 inch Macbook Pro with a 2.4Ghz C2D CPU and a Curve from Sprint. I want to bluetooth MP3 files from my computer to my phone to use as ringtones. When I try, it says "device doesn't have necessary services". Does anyone have any ideas on why I can't bluetooth to my phone? Is there a way to get my ringtone files, and possibly other files such as .JPEG or wallpapers or themes, or contacts or anything from my MBP to my Curve with bluetooth?? Thanks!

-Skott
    09-22-08 10:38 PM
    I have mac. I use USB move my mp3 files into my BB. very simple. I never tired bluetooth.. but USB works great. hope this help
    09-22-08 11:59 PM
    10-17-08 01:31 PM
    Good luck with this. I was never able to pair my new Curve 8310 with eithe my Mac Pro or my iMac. The computers can't see the phone and the phone can't see the computers.
    10-17-08 02:04 PM
    Works great for me from my MacBook Pro or Mac Pro to my 8330, but says the MBP doesn't have the appropriate services to go from the 8330 to the Mac. It would let the OP do what he needs though
    10-17-08 02:34 PM
    I too have a MBP, both devices read each other, and have paired up. But cannot connect... I'll stick with the good old USB I guess.
    10-22-08 04:08 PM
    bluetooth is nice for transferring pictures...but seriously, you'll be waiting for ever for mp3's to go over.

the key for it to work is to go through the bluetooth sync setup beforehand, once your phone is saved to your comp it makes it very easy to transfer files.
    11-02-08 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD