06-27-12 11:06 AM
76 1234
    Alirght, I have tried everything. I am entering the information given in the video to tether my storm to macbook pro. It will not work. i Am not sure what to put on the phone model field. And the only way I can enter things on the account information page is if I already create a bluetooth connection in network prefrences. in his video he never did that, he just went right into it and it let him type in those felids. What am I doing wrong? Are you sopposed to go to network prefrences and create a bluetooth connection before setting up the account details? Has anyone tethered with the storm to a mac yet? If so how did ya do it? I am very good for computers but am not getting it to go through. Any help would be great! Thanks!!
    11-24-08 05:42 PM
    great video! thanks for the info.
    11-25-08 02:07 PM
    BlondeBoy L: Thanks so much for this. Does anyone know, having successfully set up an 8830 Verizon tether with a new Macbook Pro, if installing PocketSynch will foul it up? I still want to synch my 8830 with my macmail for contacts, calendar, etc. I ask this because I had just installed PocketSynch before I tried tethering, was successful once and not again. Trying to start over, I could delete the Mac from the phone's paired devices, but not the phone from the Mac's paired devices. Among other things, I uninstalled PocketSynch, and followed BBL's video to the letter, and it works steadily. Thanks in advance.
    12-09-08 10:39 AM
    I found that using
    Vendor as : Other
    Model as: Verizon Support (PC 5220) solved my problem with not being able to connect. . .

I am using a Verizon Curve 8330
    please explain in detail because im using an 8330 also and a new aluminum macbook and i get the same "cant negotiate with ppp" error and i tried using your settings and it didnt work....i called verizon and was told they dont support bluetooth tethering at all and i had to use and usb cable then when i told him i was using a mac he said well blackberries arent compatible with tethering with macs at all so some one PLLLLEASSSEE help...
    12-09-08 02:53 PM
    I have a new macbook and a storm - the process was easy until I lost the pair with the macbook after I paid for tethering. Cancelled the tether, took the dog for a drag in the snow - reestablished the pairing after numerous tries and was able to dial out via the storm's bluetooth connection. It points you directly to the verizon website to add the tethering service.

The biggest hassle by far was reestablishing the bluetooth connection after I lost it (mac problem I think). Don't let verizon convince you that you need pocketmac for the connection - you don't.
    12-09-08 04:18 PM
    this is the best thing since sliced bread! i live in the boonies where there is no dsl. i have satellite internet through wild blue and it SUCKS. using my blackberry i have almost dsl speed net....one question tho...my dell is also blueooth...if i set it up like my mac where i can use my blackberry to access the web can i be online on BOTH computers at once with my blackberry. (dell is my girlfriends and im tryin to avoid payin 60 a month for useless wild blue) if both computers can use blackberry at same time i can get rid of the junk!!!
    12-17-08 05:57 PM
    ....HELP!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!! I finally got my new Blackberry Storm Tethered to my Mac. First Blackberry ever and First Ever Mac! a double virgin!! Thank you for your tutorial it is greatly appreciated. I have been going through days of frustration trying to get it connected and if I would have found this link days ago...I would have been so much younger...with some hair left! If you ever make it to ATL, I owe you a Guinness! Thanx again!

MO - USMC1071
    01-21-09 02:45 PM
    I am not getting the phone icon that you click on to connect to my Curve. I paired the device and added tethering, etc, but can't get it to connect!
    01-24-09 05:41 PM
    Great Video, but its not working on my Unlocked Bold.. Any idea if there is a dif setting or new # I keep getting this error.

Could not Negotiate a connection with the remote PPP server. Please Verify your settings and try again.
    02-14-09 11:00 PM
    I have a macbook and a curve 8900.
    I have successfully tethered it in Australia under Optus via bluetooth.
    The problem is that my speeds are insanely SLOW. From what I've read, there are suggestions that the bluetooth itself is the culprit, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was a setting I might be missing that would improve the speed. I have read that people might be getting even 100kbps down, but I think I may be getting under 10kbps.

PLease help =)
    02-16-09 04:35 PM
    it could be just your provider Kinchy. They could be the culprit. Try setting up tethering with USB and see if you get the same speeds.

If your on a Mac tho I dont know how to tether via usb, but if your in windows u need to have DM open.

report back w/ ur findings.
    02-16-09 07:26 PM
    Blondeboy L,

I consider myself a fairly advanced user and have attempted to follow your tutorial and yet I cannot get my Verizon 8330 to allow my Macbook Pro to connect to the internet.

I have enabled the service through Verizon.

I am wondering if this has to do with the fact that my macbook is currently configured to use a VZW Broadband card. When I get to the final set up screen where you choose your phone all of the fields are grayed out and already filled in.

I'm not really sure. What I do know is that I would truly appreciate your help. I either get this figured out by Thursday or I downgrade from my blackberry and I don't really want to do that.

Would asking you to call me or allow me to call you be too much to ask? I attempted to PM you but I don't have the 10 posts I need on this site yet.

FYI-I've only had my blackberry since May 4. I love it. But VZW isn't very helpful and I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this configured before my 30 "trial period" ends.

Thank you very much.

PS: If someone would let BlondBoy L know that I am trying to reach him via this thread that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    05-28-09 04:17 PM
    what about for att, i have a unlocked bb storm and im using att, for can i get that to work as a modem... i have tryed everything from crackberry and youtube, to mobishark and imobimac... i pay to much not to use my storm for the internet on my mac..
    06-05-09 01:40 AM
    Is this only for vzw users? I puchased thetherberry and it doesn't seem to wrk (bold to mac)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 11:48 AM
    Noted... It wasnt scripted though... I just set the record to go and did my thing lol

By the way if you want more tutorials just let me know what you all want and I will see what I can do
    berry4all tutorial would be great. cant get that thing to work to save my life.
    07-04-09 11:22 AM
    Hello, I just watched your video and after pairing my storm to my Macbook Pro exactly they way you did I'm still having trouble. The connection will last for 10 sec and then it disconnects and says the connection was terminated by the remote site. I am running Platform on my storm and the macbook is brand new. I also have activated the tether option with verizon. Please Help!!!

Thanks Jason
    07-05-09 08:29 PM
    07-06-09 02:04 PM
    I have tried this at least 10 times following your instructions from the very beginning and I still can't get my Macbook Pro to hold a connection with my Storm 9530. I did have the tethering turned activated on my verizon account (It's off now because they told me it would not work) my storm has the latest os update and the Mac is brand new. When I hit connect my phone will switch to modem mode and TX RX for about 10 sec and then it disconnects and says the connection was terminated by the remote site....Please help!!!

Im using #777 for the phone #
    my cell # at vzw3g.com for the un
    vzw for the pw

07-08-09 02:08 PM
    Follow these: http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/how...solved-260401/

You will also need to download the PPPD fix.
    07-08-09 02:57 PM
    Will that work for the Storm also because it says BB Bold PPPD Replacement.
    07-08-09 03:18 PM
    Yes it will. It says bold because it was originally designed for the bold which was the first phone that had the issue. Give it a try without the PPPD fix first. But if it does not work it is about 99% the PPPD daemon on the mac that is causing the problem. (Mac is trying to connect to the internet through the phone before the phone has a chance to fully connect to the net and each time the mac trys it messes up the phones connection and the phones connection starts over again. The PPPD Fix added a few seconds of delay between the mac's attempt allow the phone to settle the connection to the net)
    07-08-09 03:22 PM
    Awesome...That fixed it! I guess verizon was wrong. One more question do I really have to pay for the $30.00 tethering option from verizon even though I already have the unlimited data package with my smartphone plan? Or is that just a cute way to over charge us for something we are already paying for. The internet is internet however we connect to it...right.

Thanks Again.
    07-08-09 03:30 PM
    This is a great video. I was hoping that it would also work for my Tour - 9630.

I followed the same instructions; the difference was when I got to the Mobile Set up Screen on my Mac.

I selected Phone Vender as Research in Motion : Phone Model: Blackberry IP Modem (GSM): Username myphone#@vzw3g.com (also worked without the @vzw3g.com) Password: vzw Left APN blank.

Good Luck!
    03-13-10 10:48 PM
    Whoops... sorry about that. Try now. I had it set to private instead of public
    HI Blonde..Where is this video..Not able to see the link??
    06-22-12 01:29 AM
    As promised here is the video tutorial that I promised. I hope you guys enjoy! Leave me a little feedback and let me know what you think.

Dear Blonde,

Iam using a Blackberry curve 9360 and a mac OS X 10.6.8 desktop. I have installed the desktop manager. It works fine with USB connection. however the Bluetooth connectivity isnt working. Few of my colleagues who use the same model, were successfulyy connecting it through a Windows desktop. is it something to do with the Mac?? Is there a way to get this going. please need your help. I could find the link to your video. PLease help on the same...
    06-22-12 01:40 AM
76 1234