I have been at this ALL DAY and I need some straight help now. I have a MacBook Pro running 10.6 and I have a Blackberry Tour running on Verizon v5.0.0.732. In the past, I had the connection working just fine, then I discontinued the tether feature with Verizon. Now I want it back again and called Verizon and they set me up with the tethering feature. Now I need to make the connection and I am having no luck.

The VZAccess Manager is not setup for my phone on a Mac. I have the phone successfully paired via Bluetooth and I am able to transfer files. I just haven't gotten the tethering connected.

I have not even tried tethering with the USB cable because I really want it to work via BT.

Any help in getting this done will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Mort3770; 07-01-10 at 10:47 PM.
    07-01-10 09:30 PM
    OK, not sure how I did it, but I am now connected with my Tour to my Mackbook Pro. I've tried so many different ways to get to this point, let me see if I can recall the steps.

I stumbled upon tetherberry.com and downloaded their free trial on both the MacBook and the Tour. I'm not sure if it worked at all, but if it did, it was only for a flash in time. HOWEVER, the ability to use the VZaccess Manager now WORKS! Maybe installing the tetherberry program made all the right settings, allowing the VZAccess Manager to work? IDK, all I know is that after screwing with this all day, I am now connected. The kids will now be able to surf the net as we head for Disney on a 20 or so hour trip by car.
    07-02-10 12:11 AM
    Spoke too soon. Forgot I was connected, but it was with the USB cable. Better than nothing at this point, but still need the BT connection.
    07-02-10 12:32 AM
    The Bluetooth connect magically started working about two days ago. Not sure what happened to make it work, but it is working.
    07-07-10 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD