I've been trying to pair my blackberry with my imac via bluetooth and it's not working. I can get a pairing, but when I try to browse the files or send on, the dialog box says the device lacks the proper services. What do I need to do to fix this?
    02-24-08 03:51 PM
    I've also been struggling with this and can't figure it out. I'm anxious to see if there are any suggestions
    02-27-08 12:19 AM
    Blackberries do not have the profiles on them for Bluetooth File transfers.

You can only transfer files and sync via USB
    02-27-08 09:15 AM
    Ray I believe you can...I need to try this when I get home. PC here now.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/how...-bb-mac-12623/
    02-27-08 09:33 AM
    Sorry your right. You can sync over bluetooth with Desktop manager 4.1 which is windows only (ATM) but you cannot sync over BT with mac (ATM) and it is not possible to transfer files back and forth using BT (for PC and Mac, its believed to be a security issue choice. Meaning that the feature was left out to prevent people from stealing files off your BB over BT)
    02-27-08 09:43 AM
    Ray unless I read this wrong... See post #6 from the link I posted.
    Quote...
    THANKS A BUNCH, Himynameismichelle! The steps that you gave totally worked for me! Now I can transfer files from my MacBook Pro to my Blackberry 8130! I was going crazy last night trying to figure out what was wrong. I was also getting the message "Device does not have the necessary services."
    02-27-08 09:48 AM
    Ok tried this works fine. Don't worry about it giving you the error "lack of proper services".
    Try this, and mind you I'm running OS X 10.5.2 on a MacBook Pro, anyway, open Finder, locate the file you want to transfer. Now on your BB open Media, click menu>receive using bluetooth and while it's waiting, right click on the file in Finder, then select more at the bottom, then send xxx.xxx file to 8130.
    Bingo, off to the bb it goes! It will prompt you to a location.
    02-27-08 08:10 PM
    Do you need a media card for the transfer to work? Or can you also download to the internal mem?
    02-28-08 12:42 PM
    I have a card so when prompted I saved it there in the proper folder. So I'm not sure if you can save to the device memory.
    02-28-08 12:54 PM
    What make me wonder is that you cant acutally look through the device mem. by default
    02-28-08 12:56 PM
    This helped me. Thanks guys!
    02-28-08 07:47 PM
    Ok tried this works fine. Don't worry about it giving you the error "lack of proper services".
    Try this, and mind you I'm running OS X 10.5.2 on a MacBook Pro, anyway, open Finder, locate the file you want to transfer. Now on your BB open Media, click menu>receive using bluetooth and while it's waiting, right click on the file in Finder, then select more at the bottom, then send xxx.xxx file to 8130.
    Bingo, off to the bb it goes! It will prompt you to a location.

THANK YOU, this worked AWESOME.
    11-07-08 09:22 AM
    i want to sync my 9700 to my macbook cuz i left my cable at home...... is there any way i can do that???
    01-02-10 04:36 PM
    You need the cable
    01-02-10 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD