okay so i have set up and paired my storm 9530 to my macbook and all should be fine. made sure bluetooth sharing was enabled and everything, both devices are discoverable...but i can't connect.

i hit send file and get the error message that says "The device does not have the necessary services"

any help that can be offered?

oh and also is there a free way to tether from my BB to my macbook? like no tethering plan. thanks!
    04-30-09 08:57 PM
    ya, not your SOL....
    05-01-09 12:42 PM
    I have the same "the device does not have the necessary services" problem. It was a huge inconvenience today because I really needed to send something to my storm. Haven't figured out what the problem is.
    05-01-09 03:25 PM
    It's crippled from Verizon is the issue.
    05-01-09 08:45 PM
    It's crippled from Verizon is the issue.
    That's not the issue because I have the same problem with my ATT Bold. Keep the brainstorming going though, because I'd love to get this fixed.
    06-05-09 04:41 PM
    Thanks for the giving information now i will check.
    06-06-09 04:20 AM
    You need to tell the Blackberry to wait for a file transfer, on the bold I go to media player and then I can "receive using bluetooth", it fixed that error and my macbook sends correctly.
    06-09-09 01:58 PM
    You need to tell the Blackberry to wait for a file transfer, on the bold I go to media player and then I can "receive using bluetooth", it fixed that error and my macbook sends correctly.
    Had the same problem as the original poster which was fixed thanks to your help above.

Is there however, a way to just click "Accept" or "Cancel" when someone sends something rather than having to tell the blackberry to wait for an incoming bluetooth connection?
    08-19-09 02:41 AM
    Thanks for that! Finally got file transfer to work!

It even worked after disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth. Just be sure and "save this device" in the bluetooth prefs on the Mac so that you don't have to enter a pairing number again.
    08-19-09 11:05 AM
    thank you!
    08-20-09 01:10 AM
    This is fantastic. Thanks!
    08-22-09 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD