I've had my BB Bold for about 4 days now. I connected it via USB and my Mac won't mount the media card, it does nothing. And yes, media card support is on, so is mass storage, and enabled mass storage as well. I downloaded BB Media Sync for Mac and it does recognize the BB but it says i have no media card in the BB when I DO. And the BB does accept the media card and says i have 2GB available on it, so it does work. Pocket Mac was useless, it didn't do a thing. And the same thing happened with doubleTwist as well. I took out the media card (which was a PITA to take out) and connected it via an adapter and my Mac does accept it and doubleTwist recognizes it as a generic mass storage device. But why is it like not recognizable when in the BB?

I am so annoyed. It should not be this hard to sync a phone to my computer. I am "this" close to returning the BB and just getting an iPhone. But i really don't because i like the BB.

Someone please help!
    04-04-09 06:25 PM
    I realize that you say the card is being recognize when you plug it into an adapter and not when it's in the phone. Have you tried reformatting the card inside the BB?
    04-04-09 07:47 PM
    Yes i reformatted the card inside the BB. And still nothing happens when i connect the BB to my Mac. It doesn't even charge.
    04-04-09 08:07 PM
    Yes i reformatted the card inside the BB. And still nothing happens when i connect the BB to my Mac. It doesn't even charge.
    How long have you had the card? Can you take it back or even try a different one?
    04-04-09 09:08 PM
    I've had it for about a yeah and a half. So no, i can't return it. I used to use it on my old LJ enV.

Do you really think it's the card? I mean the BB recognizes it and i saved pics in there. And it works outside the BB. But not when it's via USB.

So confusing.
    04-04-09 09:49 PM
    I really don't know what the exact problem could be. I would do a process of elimination; starting with the card.

I'd copy the contents of the card to another and see what the new card does. I realize you've used it in another phone, but please know, memory cards can fail- just like a hard drive.

Also, try a different USB cord. As a matter of fact, try that 1st.
    04-04-09 09:58 PM
    This might be an issue with a setting on your mac.
    There is a setting that says something like "show mounted discs on desktop"
    Click on the desktop of your mac, upper left should say finder. Click on the word finder and select preferences. Make sure that the 4 boxes are selected.

Try that, that might be all it is.
    04-04-09 10:21 PM
    Well i tried another usb cable and that did not work as well. And the finder settings are fine.

Ugh. I am ready to throw **** around lol.
    04-04-09 11:30 PM
    Tone, I'm sorry. I wish I knew what else to tell you. I've exhausted all the obvious reasons I can think of.
    04-04-09 11:38 PM
    It's okay. Thanks for your help. I will call AT&T on Monday and see what they can do for me.
    04-04-09 11:54 PM
    I feel your pain bro, I've had my bb bold for 5 days. Missing sync won't and neither will pocket mac.
    Desktop manager for my room mated vista machine reads the phone just fine. Rim
    Really needs to come out with an osx desk top manager!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 04:16 AM
    I'm thinking something's faulty with the USB on the blackberry. Take it back, get a new one, if it still won't show up, then... well... bummer.
    04-05-09 05:59 AM
    I tried the missing sync last night. Didn't work either, it kept trying to connect via bluetooth when it says the first time needs to be via USB. Blah.
    04-05-09 01:54 PM
    Yep still in th same boat i see. Im may just give up, dunno what else to do.

Im contemplating reinstalling leopard...but it might be a waste of time
    04-05-09 04:09 PM
    Yep still in th same boat i see. Im may just give up, dunno what else to do.

Im contemplating reinstalling leopard...but it might be a waste of time
    Reinstalling Leopard? Dude no way. It should not take that much to get your phone to sync with your Mac.

Right now I am going to use my sisters Dell to see if it syncs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 05:02 PM
    Right now I am going to use my sisters Dell to see if it syncs.
    If it does try reinstalling the additional drivers provided by RIM:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac

Also, download "Lingon". Open it up and make sure you have a launchd agent for "BBLaunchAgent".

Good luck.
    04-05-09 05:59 PM
    Like i said before i used my sisters Dell PC with Vista and installed Desktop Manager and Media Sync. The BB synced with Desktop Manager but not with Media Sync. Blah. This is been such a sour BB experience. Well i am done dealing with it, it's getting returned tomorrow.
    04-05-09 06:00 PM

Also, download "Lingon". Open it up and make sure you have a launchd agent for "BBLaunchAgent".

Good luck.
    Thanks for your help but i tried this already as well. And nothing.
    04-05-09 06:05 PM

Good luck.
    EEK!! Will try when i get home.

oh wait is this pocket mac? Then it work work..already tried.
    04-05-09 06:07 PM
    ^^ Looks like too much work to get something done that should be basic.
    04-05-09 06:08 PM
    We is in the Same boat, if i can get this bugger working i will sure let you know what i did.

ive installed uninstalled Missing Sync so many times now its ridonkulous.
    04-05-09 06:08 PM
    **** yea, Why is rim taking so long to get a simple program over to OSX. You would think a LARGE corporation of RIMs size would accommodate for MAC users and Linux Users.

/palmface
    04-05-09 06:17 PM
    Agreed. I'm just trying to help.
    04-05-09 06:44 PM
    Agreed. I'm just trying to help.
    I never implied you weren't. I clicked on the link to the program you provided and after reading I thought to myself- damn, thats a lot of work.
    04-05-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD