i think this is related to the 10.5.6 update but just in case anybody else is out there...

recently, i can no longer connect my blackberry to my mac. if i plug in using usb, it will charge my blackberry but it doesnt mount my phone and/or missing sync wont see it. i tried installing blackberry media sync but noticed that the mac wouldnt get past the first screen that says to connect the blackberry. anybody seeing similar issues? anybody have any advice?

thanks
    01-02-09 10:19 AM
    Is the memory card in mass storage mode?
    01-02-09 03:19 PM
    . Try another USB port as sometimes the mac literally gets "full" and may not pick up your phone. If this does not clear up the issue, then go to BlackBerry and under the software download the BB USB drivers for mac. Let me know if this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 09:35 PM
    i think this is related to the 10.5.6 update but just in case anybody else is out there...

recently, i can no longer connect my blackberry to my mac. if i plug in using usb, it will charge my blackberry but it doesnt mount my phone and/or missing sync wont see it. i tried installing blackberry media sync but noticed that the mac wouldnt get past the first screen that says to connect the blackberry. anybody seeing similar issues? anybody have any advice?

thanks
    I had a similar problem. I was able to mount my memory card, but not the phone. This started before my 10.5.6 upgrade.
    01-07-09 07:02 PM
    Are you using a USB port directly on the machine itself or a hub? If a hub - try going direct into a port on the machine.
    01-07-09 07:06 PM
    Are you using a USB port directly on the machine itself or a hub? If a hub - try going direct into a port on the machine.
    I am using a USB hub, but I tried switching to a port on my MAC.
    01-07-09 07:14 PM
    I do not know why you guys are having such issues. I have 10.5.6 nad have not had any issues. Have you guys installed the USB Driver updates from the BB Website?

BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac

(Option 2)

Try that and see if it works.

Cheers!
    01-07-09 07:18 PM
    I do not know why you guys are having such issues. I have 10.5.6 nad have not had any issues. Have you guys installed the USB Driver updates from the BB Website?

BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac

(Option 2)

Try that and see if it works.

Cheers!
    It has been installed for a long time. My internal memory BB1 just suddenly stopped mounting.
    01-07-09 07:22 PM
    It has been installed for a long time. My internal memory BB1 just suddenly stopped mounting.
    wow...here is what my screen looks like.

I am not too sure what problems you are having. Good ol' Apple. If the problem persists, then you may want to attempt vmware fusion or some other type of other sync.

Sorry that my previous post did not help.
    01-07-09 07:31 PM
    My Storm will show up on my desktop showing the media card as "Blackberry2". But I can't figure out why the device memory won't show up as "Blackberry1". Any ideas?
    01-08-09 05:44 PM
    i had the same problem, so i tried blackberry media sync and bb1 showed up...uninstalled bb media sync and now missing sync is broken
    01-08-09 06:38 PM
    I have installed and properly uninstalled every combination of PocketMac, BB Driver Update, Missing Sync v2.x and v1.x, as well as reinstalled Combo OS 10.5.6 from Apple (this two times), and the others all numerous times. Each time I completely remove everything, even the BlackBerry.kext files that are installed in the System/Library/Exensions folder.

Only the VERY first time, when PocketMac was installed and before the driver update, did the blackberry sync. Now, whenever I plug it in, it will charge, but Console displays the following error:

Mar 28 10:46:56 dan-dardens-ibook-g4 kernel[0]: USBF: 205.633 [0x1bc9200] The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep retrying. (Port 1 of hub @ location: 0x1b000000)
    Mar 28 10:46:56 dan-dardens-ibook-g4 kernel[0]: USBF: 206. 34 [0x1bc9200] The IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device.
    03-28-09 11:12 AM
    why not use bootcamp since your updated.. i always had issues sinking to the mac but since i can run windows on a mac now it solve all my problems. burn a copy of windows off youtube and u dont pay for anything...that what i did....
    03-28-09 12:08 PM
    why not use bootcamp since your updated.. i always had issues sinking to the mac but since i can run windows on a mac now it solve all my problems. burn a copy of windows off youtube and u dont pay for anything...that what i did....
    how in the blazing hells did you burn a copy of windows off of youtube???
    03-28-09 04:04 PM
    i dont know anything about an update. i'm new to BB and have never been able to sync properly with my mac.

i can just drag and drop anything onto the bb icon and transfer all files that way, but for some reason i cant sync contacts or calender stuff.

when i run the pocketmac it starts and tells me that things need to be updated, even asks for permission to change the contacts, but then it just says syncing data for 47 minutes before i get bored and tell it to go to ****.

there has to seriously be a better way of doing this...
    03-28-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD