I want to be able to type address info into my Mac and transfer it to my Storm. I assumed that the disk that came with it "Blackberry User Tools" would provide that software and since it did not autoload I explored the disk and saw a folder for OS X. I booted that and got a "licensing screen" where you have to put in name and organization and "Serial Number" (refer to your packaging to obtain serial number) WHAT serial number are they referring to?
    There's nothing on the CD sleeve that it takes. Now, I don't even know what tools are there, can anyone tell me? am I better off with other software for the Mac to interface with my Storm (Verizon). I am hearing that Apple is working on software to be released soon to allow the Storm to communicate with Mac OS.

Anyone have any answers for me? I searched the forums and could not find this addressed before.

Thanks
    Ray
    12-04-08 10:52 PM
    Dear Ray,

I currently have the BB Storm from Verizon and have had no issues whatsoever syncing with my mac. I do apologize for any of your inconvieniences but maybe I can help. Head on over to Blackberry.com and do a search for Pocketmac and it will inform you about downloading and using. Good luck!
    12-05-08 03:45 PM
    I want to be able to type address info into my Mac and transfer it to my Storm. I assumed that the disk that came with it "Blackberry User Tools" would provide that software and since it did not autoload I explored the disk and saw a folder for OS X. I booted that and got a "licensing screen" where you have to put in name and organization and "Serial Number" (refer to your packaging to obtain serial number) WHAT serial number are they referring to?
    There's nothing on the CD sleeve that it takes. Now, I don't even know what tools are there, can anyone tell me? am I better off with other software for the Mac to interface with my Storm (Verizon). I am hearing that Apple is working on software to be released soon to allow the Storm to communicate with Mac OS.

Anyone have any answers for me? I searched the forums and could not find this addressed before.

Thanks
    Ray
    Nitecapt,

While I tried Pocketmac and had some success with it, I ended up springing for Missing Sync for BlackBerry and love it. It has given me one or two hiccups but nothing like Pocketmac. Now then, having said that, since I started using Missing Sync, Pocketmac has been updated so perhaps it is working better.

At any rate, Missing Sync is my recommendation. The interface is smooth and easy to understand. Updates are free once you buy. It was truly written for Mac users.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
    12-05-08 08:44 PM
    Missing sync is definitley a great option the only problem is you have to pay for that luxury. I have had great luck with pocketmac and the best part about it....FREE!! If missing sync was so great then why wouldnt blackberry offer this vs. pocketmac? In any case hope you can find a good syncing solution no matter what it may be.
    12-05-08 08:55 PM
    Thank you all for your help. I will probably try Pocket Mac and then if there are any hiccups I will go to missing sync

You all have been very helpful. By the way, there's a rumor that Apple will be making their own, better ap for this
    12-05-08 09:56 PM
    I have always used pocket mac on my prev bb,s but not having any luck with my storm. Even w updated drivers. I used google sync and it worked like a charm. Directions are very simple. Just create a google acct and follow the instructions thereafter. I was able to. Sync my address book in about 10 minutes...with 3 screaming kids!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 10:30 PM
    And it's free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 10:31 PM
    Serial for missing sync? Thanks!
    12-07-08 03:31 PM
    You will figure it out! Macs + Blackberrys will soon be ONE!! I am personally waiting for this!
    12-07-08 04:40 PM
    Serial for missing sync? Thanks!
    If you are asking for a purchase code serial number here to activate Missing Synch, then shame on you! That's not what this forum is about.

If I'm misunderstanding you, then please rephrase your question.
    12-11-08 09:32 AM
    Your not gonna get a crack for Missing Sync....
    One per user... and one machine install one device...
    You dropped 200 for the phone, don't be a cheapa** lol...
    12-19-08 04:49 PM
    I've tried both. Pocket Mac continues to be the worst thing that I have ever seen and wasn't 100% satisfied with Missing Sync.

I'm waiting (and hoping) for RIM's Mac solution next year.

BAH !
    12-19-08 05:39 PM
    I've tried both. Pocket Mac continues to be the worst thing that I have ever seen and wasn't 100% satisfied with Missing Sync.

I'm waiting (and hoping) for RIM's Mac solution next year.

BAH !
    I agree 100% but it's better then Pocket Mac...
    12-19-08 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD