I'm with Verizon and was thinning of dumping my old Treo and getting a Storm, but I was told there is no way to upgrade the OS on a Mac. Is this true? If so how do you Mac users out there upgrade your OS on the Storm? Will Mark Space work?
    Thanks
    04-09-09 07:17 PM
    Searching would give you the answers you are seeking.

But here it goes.

You can use Bootcamp and boot into windows
    You can use some virtualization software like VMWare Fusion, Parallels, or VirtualBox.

All have been used by various CB members and you can find out a lot more about this by using the search function

Also Mark Space is ok but I would not 100% rely on it. Have a windows option handy IMO.
    04-09-09 07:25 PM
    I use VMWare or Bootcapmp. All the other programs are not very reliable stable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 07:35 PM
    yep. I use VMWare Fusion. if you install outlook in a VM and have mobileme sync it with your mac calendar, mail, and address book, and then use desktop manager to sync your info to your storm (and update your OS) it's pretty smooth. Sounds more complicated than it is, but is still much more complicated than if RIM would get off their fannies and get a DM for Mac done. Also needs the prerequisite of having a mobileme account.
    04-09-09 07:51 PM
    i just went and purchased a net book because its a so much easier! well worth the 300 dollars. running xp on it
    04-10-09 09:46 AM
    Just use bootcamp and winddows xp. That's your best bet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 10:08 AM
    Do NOT use Parallels, lots of issues. VMware Fusion or BootCamp with WinXP are OK. MissingSync from MarkSpace is OK, but pricey.
    You will NOT need Windows hardware, the Mac is fine.
    04-10-09 10:44 AM
    Do NOT use Parallels, lots of issues. VMware Fusion or BootCamp with WinXP are OK. MissingSync from MarkSpace is OK, but pricey.
    You will NOT need Windows hardware, the Mac is fine.
    If I'd have known there was a Storm in my future I would never have installed Parallels. It's decent enough for everything else but not for the Storm.

Now I have too much crap on it to go back. Oh well, I have a PC right next to my Mac, I use that.
    04-10-09 10:51 AM
    [QUOTE=hookbill;2240111]If I'd have known there was a Storm in my future I would never have installed Parallels. It's decent enough for everything else but not for the Storm.

I agree completely. I've had to setup a Windows XP partition using boot camp to update my berry.
    04-10-09 11:26 AM
    If I'd have known there was a Storm in my future I would never have installed Parallels. It's decent enough for everything else but not for the Storm.

Now I have too much crap on it to go back. Oh well, I have a PC right next to my Mac, I use that.
    No, You need not: VMware Fusion can read the image files Parallels has created on Your Mac. I did four FW updates via Fusion without any problem.
    04-11-09 02:13 PM
    No, You need not: VMware Fusion can read the image files Parallels has created on Your Mac. I did four FW updates via Fusion without any problem.
    Ahhh, I see what you are saying. Thanks for the tip, I might just try that.
    04-11-09 02:16 PM
    right there with you got a mac and the storm. you can just get OTA updates if you don't mind having a bit slower then everyone else but if you're going to want to put the leaked one ups just run bootcamp i've have friends run parallels with bad results if all else fails find a buddy that will let you use there comp for a little bit good luck man
    04-11-09 02:31 PM
    Well, after carefully asking two Verizon sales people about BB and Mac, and being ASSURED that I just "put the supplied disk in my Mac and they'll sync right up", I am pretty ticked off, after reading this string. Now I gotta go get VM Fusion to sync it up.. NICE. I spent hours waiting for salespeople. Kiss my B...Berry!
    04-11-09 05:18 PM
    Well, after carefully asking two Verizon sales people about BB and Mac, and being ASSURED that I just "put the supplied disk in my Mac and they'll sync right up", I am pretty ticked off, after reading this string. Now I gotta go get VM Fusion to sync it up.. NICE. I spent hours waiting for salespeople. Kiss my B...Berry!
    No you don't have to buy VM Fusion. You can use bootcamp that comes with your Mac.
    04-11-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD