01-24-09 09:27 PM
76 1234
tools
    I hope you're not referring to this supposed "iPhone Nano" they're talking about... :P Perhaps an interesting concept, but personally, I think if they made the iPhone any smaller it'd be an iPhone No-No.
    01-05-09 03:48 AM
    I hope you're not referring to this supposed "iPhone Nano" they're talking about... :P Perhaps an interesting concept, but personally, I think if they made the iPhone any smaller it'd be an iPhone No-No.
    i am referring to the upcoming BB KILLARRRRRRRRRRRRR

(not the nano).......
    01-05-09 05:54 AM
    Any way to make the Storm recognize the iTunes setting which tells iTunes and iPods to remember playback position of a given mp3 track, or to get the same functionality a different way?
    01-05-09 02:40 PM
    Any way to make the Storm recognize the iTunes setting which tells iTunes and iPods to remember playback position of a given mp3 track, or to get the same functionality a different way?
    I am very interested in this option as well. I listen to podcasts in the car all the time and I hate having to manually find where I left off.

Any word?
    01-05-09 02:51 PM
    I just tried to download desktop software to my PC and got a message that the disk is faulty; then tried a workaround, which didn' t work. Now have downloaded Pocket Mac to my iMac; it sounds somewhat limited compared to the PC software. Is this true? I got a long list of probable problems when I installed it.

If I (finally) get the desktop software installed on both PC and iMac, will I be able to use both of them with my Blackberry? (the PC is a laptop I usually take on trips)

Thanks for your help

mocalee
    01-05-09 04:05 PM
    I too am using the Media Sync software for Mac; for me it seems to copy all of my *songs* over properly, however when I go to the Music Player, a large number of the tracks' info doesn't seem to be transferring over for some reason.

For example, I have about 1100 songs loaded onto the unit; 130 or so artists, but around 150 songs come up as "Unknown Artist" with all the artist/album info missing, even though they do appear in my iTunes library. I've verified that all info is in its appropriate field, ie Artist, Album, Title etc, so it's not an issue of the original file's headers being incorrect...

Has anyone else noted this behaviour? I can deal with it, but it's frustrating when I want to play a certain album and only half of it is where it should be in the library.
    When you say you've verified that all info is in its appropriate field do you mean in iTunes or did you use an mp3 editor? Just this past weekend I spent like 4 hours cleaning up my itunes songs but you can't really do it in itunes cause it will clean up the info there but NOT in the mp3 file itself (which is what you're really moving onto the storm). I found this out while searching for how to equalize the volume of the different songs on the storm. While listening to the songs in itunes with sound check on they WILL sound about the same volume but when I transferred them to the storm they were all over the place.

First thing I did was download MacMP3Gain (free) to equalize the volume. That worked somewhat but then I read that by using iVolume (not free, I already had version 2) right after MMG it worked wonders! So I read a little more (knowledge is power) and found that if I wanted less unknown artists, albums, genres, etc I would need an mp3 editor for the mac so I downloaded MPFreaker (not free, trial?) and I cleaned up a lot but for the few I couldn't do I got MP3 Rage (not free, trial, no longer supported) and my lists don't have an unknown anything in the bunch to include ALL MY ALBUM COVERS! That's about 900+ songs.

There is also a thread around here about using iMovies to remove DRM from itunes songs but I can't find it now. Good luck and perserverence.
    01-05-09 05:26 PM
    Is there any reason why out of the 1200+ songs I was trying to import onto my Bold, only about 350 ported over??!?!

Does this have to do with that DRM thing everyone keeps mentioning?

I really would like a decent portion of my library on my phone!
    01-05-09 05:40 PM
    Is there any reason why out of the 1200+ songs I was trying to import onto my Bold, only about 350 ported over??!?!

Does this have to do with that DRM thing everyone keeps mentioning?

I really would like a decent portion of my library on my phone!
    If it's not a matter of space on your media card, Paragraph 3 of this link:
    Remove DRM from iTunes AAC M4V M4P on Win and Mac should help you. Time consuming but if you want your remaining songs...
    01-05-09 07:04 PM
    @CZeph: Very good point there, to tell you the truth I'm still a relatively new Mac user, so I'd never thought to check the actual MP3 ID3 Tag-- I always just assumed that iTunes modifications were stored in the ID3 info.

Guess I'll be re-checking my collection now. I hope you know that this means I'll be sitting at my machine for hours on end frantically checking each individual file now-- I'm a bit obsessive about that. I should be back in...... a month or so. :P

Thanks though, seriously!
    01-05-09 11:45 PM
    Guess I'll be re-checking my collection now. I hope you know that this means I'll be sitting at my machine for hours on end frantically checking each individual file now-- I'm a bit obsessive about that. I should be back in...... a month or so. :P

Thanks though, seriously!
    I feel you - my wife was not a happy camper; until I gave her my ipod touch and loaded her fave videos. Then it was storm schmorm - do what you want!
    01-06-09 08:55 AM
    New Storm owner, here. This would be perfect for me, as I only need mediasync. Contacts and calendar are synced via BES.

The release notes say that 10.5.5 or higher is required. As yet, I've not seen the need to upgrade my MacBook from Tiger to Leopard. Has anyone had any luck installing this in 10.4.x?
    Here's your chance !!!

But if you want to get both and haven't upgraded to Leopard. Now there's a "Mac Box Set" where you can get Leopard, iWork '09, and iLife '09 for $169 (that's a pretty darn good deal). It'll shape in late January with iLife '09.
    01-06-09 01:12 PM
    Hey everyone,

I just installed this today and I didn't get any warning screens of having MissingSync installed and the Media Sync. Do you think it is okay now to have both installed and working correctly?

I am going to try syncing through Missing Sync. Will let everyone know whether it works correctly or not.

Peace.
    01-06-09 02:12 PM
    Hey everyone,

I just installed this today and I didn't get any warning screens of having MissingSync installed and the Media Sync. Do you think it is okay now to have both installed and working correctly?

I am going to try syncing through Missing Sync. Will let everyone know whether it works correctly or not.

Peace.
    You didn't see this screen?
    Are you SURE you didn't see this screen... ?
    01-06-09 03:34 PM
    You didn't see this screen?
    Are you SURE you didn't see this screen... ?
    I am absolutely 100% sure I didn't see that screen. I was watching for it! Work got kind of crazy, haven't had a chance to test everything out. Will update everyone once I do.
    01-06-09 04:04 PM
    Now that DRM is being Removed, does that mean all music should transfer from iTunes?
    01-06-09 05:13 PM
    Yup just click to convert and your good to go

Now that DRM is being Removed, does that mean all music should transfer from iTunes?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 09:18 PM
    Yup just click to convert and your good to go

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I must be blind. Where do you go to see the icon to convert stuff? I am looking in iTunes under music, but I don't see the "plus" icon anywhere.
    01-07-09 09:30 AM
    I must be blind. Where do you go to see the icon to convert stuff? I am looking in iTunes under music, but I don't see the "plus" icon anywhere.
    See it NOW?
    Click iTunes Store...
    Quick Links...
    Right side...???
    Got it ?
    01-07-09 02:19 PM
    See it NOW?
    Click iTunes Store...
    Quick Links...
    Right side...???
    Got it ?
    I see I see says the blind man. LOL

Thanks for help!
    01-07-09 04:10 PM
    DRM protected songs will not convert over to your blackberry - BUT Apple just announced that all songs in their entire library will be able to download to iTunes Plus but the end of the quarter (this unprotects the songs). It cost a little (if i remember its around .30 cents per song). I have done this in my library and my songs now come over using the Mac Media Sync.
    01-08-09 10:05 AM
    One thing I do really like about this software is that when you transfer playlists is actually creates the playlist on the BB and not just moves the files from that playlist.
    01-08-09 01:28 PM
    One thing I do really like about this software is that when you transfer playlists is actually creates the playlist on the BB and not just moves the files from that playlist.
    Missing Sync also transfers over the playlists (you just have to explore to access them). On another note, have you noticed that Media Sync takes up much more room on the card than Missing Sync? I had to delete Media Sync and go back - need the room!
    01-08-09 02:13 PM
    I don't have any drm songs yet media sync is missing 40 songs from my itunes library. Is there a reason for this (its not a memory issue)?
    01-12-09 04:54 PM
    Hey guys all of a sudden Media sync is transfering my music folders, but no file within those folders. I have treid to uninstall and reinstall, and format my memory card. No luck so far.

Any ideas?
    01-17-09 12:00 PM
    Hey folks, first post here as a recent Storm adopter.

I've been reading various threads on the Storm in general, as well as a few Mac-related ones. I too am using the Media Sync software for Mac; for me it seems to copy all of my *songs* over properly, however when I go to the Music Player, a large number of the tracks' info doesn't seem to be transferring over for some reason.

For example, I have about 1100 songs loaded onto the unit; 130 or so artists, but around 150 songs come up as "Unknown Artist" with all the artist/album info missing, even though they do appear in my iTunes library. I've verified that all info is in its appropriate field, ie Artist, Album, Title etc, so it's not an issue of the original file's headers being incorrect...

Has anyone else noted this behaviour? I can deal with it, but it's frustrating when I want to play a certain album and only half of it is where it should be in the library.
    To everyone using iTunes and having the unknown artist problem:

1. First select all of you music in the iTunes program.
    2. Right click and choose "Convert ID3 Tags"
    3. Choose the v 2.3 Tag version and only v 2.3
    4. Let it convert all of the tags.
    5. Select all of your music again
    6. Right click and choose "get info"
    7. Change only the comments to anything (a, 1, whatever).

When it does this it writes the ID3 tags to all your files. You can do it again to remove the comments and it will be fine. The next time you sync you blackberry the tags should be there. Enjoy!
    01-22-09 08:43 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD