01-24-09 09:27 PM
76 1234
tools
    yes. everything is set to yes except the encryption
    12-31-08 09:19 AM
    yes. everything is set to yes except the encryption
    Still issues?
    12-31-08 12:52 PM
    New Storm owner, here. This would be perfect for me, as I only need mediasync. Contacts and calendar are synced via BES.

The release notes say that 10.5.5 or higher is required. As yet, I've not seen the need to upgrade my MacBook from Tiger to Leopard. Has anyone had any luck installing this in 10.4.x?

Does the program update last-played, playcount, etc. metadata in iTunes? Will it sync podcasts as such, or only playlists? Will it sync video, or only music?

Does "enable mass storage mode when connected" need to be set to "yes" for my Mac to see my Blackberry? Tried plugging it in yesterday and absolutely nothing happened.
    12-31-08 12:58 PM
    This is absolute rubbish, thanks for nothing RIM
    12-31-08 01:22 PM
    New Storm owner, here. This would be perfect for me, as I only need mediasync. Contacts and calendar are synced via BES.

The release notes say that 10.5.5 or higher is required. As yet, I've not seen the need to upgrade my MacBook from Tiger to Leopard. Has anyone had any luck installing this in 10.4.x?

Does the program update last-played, playcount, etc. metadata in iTunes? Will it sync podcasts as such, or only playlists? Will it sync video, or only music?

Does "enable mass storage mode when connected" need to be set to "yes" for my Mac to see my Blackberry? Tried plugging it in yesterday and absolutely nothing happened.
    Yes you need to enable mass storage....

And are you kidding you see NO need to go to Leopard? Time Machine reason enough for me lol... but ya.... Your SO missing out...
    12-31-08 02:16 PM

Leopard has an upgrade to 10.5.6-I just downloaded it yesterday as one of my weekly automatics. And Yes to see both your BB and SM card you need to check "yes" on the enable mass storage question. The Storm will come up as BB1 and the card as BB2. Hope this helps.
    12-31-08 02:28 PM
    Yes you need to enable mass storage....

And are you kidding you see NO need to go to Leopard? Time Machine reason enough for me lol... but ya.... Your SO missing out...
    Didn't need Time Machine, as a) the only data on my Mac is my iTunes library. Everything else is on an HP Windows Home Server, and b) I wanted all my data on that server, rather than a USB drive, and Time Machine won't back up to anything that's not Mac formatted.

Soon, when HP upgrades the WHS software to include the ability to back up Mac data via Time Machine, I'll buy Leopard.

Also, I'd buy Leopard if I didn't know that in six months, 10.6 Snow Leopard is scheduled to come out. I don't want to pay $129 twice in six months for OS upgrades.
    12-31-08 03:58 PM
    This is really stupid? I mean no contacts and PIM? Do us people use their berries only for music?
    01-01-09 05:40 AM

I tried to install with Leopard...no luck. The install hung up at the "Select where you want to Install" screen....BOO. I sync everything on my windows computers (just easier), but all my music is on an external hard drive connected to my mac...and therefore not accessible on my BB. Dad-gummit!
    01-01-09 12:55 PM
    I tried to install with Leopard...no luck. The install hung up at the "Select where you want to Install" screen....BOO. I sync everything on my windows computers (just easier), but all my music is on an external hard drive connected to my mac...and therefore not accessible on my BB. Dad-gummit!
    Sure it is! Just mount your media card and copy\paste to the music folder on the media card from your hard drive! Piece of cake.
    01-01-09 04:16 PM
    Ya but now you can't use PocketBerry (not that I'd use PB) or Missing Sync.. lol

I was installing then I read the warning...
    Glad I read it and didn't keep clicking away like I usually do...
    So I unfortunately DID click away and installed BB media sync. Now my pocketmac isn't working...I want to dump the media sync and have my pocket mac back...can figure it out...can anyone help please??????
    01-01-09 09:35 PM
    Still issues?
    yes...still no luck
    01-02-09 09:40 AM
    So I unfortunately DID click away and installed BB media sync. Now my pocketmac isn't working...I want to dump the media sync and have my pocket mac back...can figure it out...can anyone help please??????
    uninstall media sync.. and reinstall pocket mac...
    01-02-09 04:20 PM
    I downloaded this to give it a try and out of approximately 250 songs all bought from itunes only 37 of them made it to my bb. How crummy is that? What is the point if you can't get all of your songs over. I uninstalled already!
    01-02-09 05:47 PM
    This is really stupid? I mean no contacts and PIM? Do us people use their berries only for music?
    I sync all my PIM info via Desktop Manager on my Windows computer at work, and my media via BB Media sync. Perfect option for me.
    01-03-09 12:30 PM
    I'm having the same issue as ehan
    Mass storage mode on etc. My Mac reads 2gb from my BB just fine, yet Media Sync still says "please insert a media card in your device". I sync with a PC just fine.
    Media Sync would be perfect for me as we are in the process of a BES for our company...
    01-04-09 02:06 AM
    ehan,
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the Media Sync, works great so far!
    01-04-09 02:14 AM
    Also, I'd buy Leopard if I didn't know that in six months, 10.6 Snow Leopard is scheduled to come out. I don't want to pay $129 twice in six months for OS upgrades.
    You kinda missed out the WHOLE point...
    It's leaps and bounds better then Tiger...

Here...

Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 9E25 Retail [Intel/PPC] (download torrent) - TPB[Intel_PPC]

enjoy...
    01-04-09 02:57 AM
    My mac doesn't even mount my media card or my blackberry. When I had the setting for mass media mode set to prompt, I never got the prompt on my bold. Only when I use windows.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 09:37 PM
    Will media sync eventually sync videos from itunes as well?
    01-04-09 11:44 PM
    Will media sync eventually sync videos from itunes as well?
    It's supposed to soon...
    01-04-09 11:47 PM
    It's supposed to soon...
    Really? Now is that just non DRM videos?
    01-05-09 12:47 AM
    Really? Now is that just non DRM videos?
    Umm wait and see when released...
    Can't answer that now..
    01-05-09 02:16 AM
    Hey folks, first post here as a recent Storm adopter.

I've been reading various threads on the Storm in general, as well as a few Mac-related ones. I too am using the Media Sync software for Mac; for me it seems to copy all of my *songs* over properly, however when I go to the Music Player, a large number of the tracks' info doesn't seem to be transferring over for some reason.

For example, I have about 1100 songs loaded onto the unit; 130 or so artists, but around 150 songs come up as "Unknown Artist" with all the artist/album info missing, even though they do appear in my iTunes library. I've verified that all info is in its appropriate field, ie Artist, Album, Title etc, so it's not an issue of the original file's headers being incorrect...

Has anyone else noted this behaviour? I can deal with it, but it's frustrating when I want to play a certain album and only half of it is where it should be in the library.
    01-05-09 03:33 AM
    thanks RIM for nothing! Again no respect for osx users.
    Again leaving the door open for Apple to fill the void. .... hint hint ... the iphone will not be the only phone that Apple will make.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 03:45 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD