01-24-09 08:27 PM
76 123 ...
tools
    This application just became available today on the RIM site. It is available for download under Software and then the Music & Media tab. I have just downloaded it and have not yet installed it.
    12-19-08 07:05 PM
    I'm gonna wait.. it's Media only.. no contacts or ANYTHING...
    Must itunes...
    Got all excited... and then.... BOOM.. deflated..
    POUT...
    Thanks RIM...
    Cant' wait for the entire release...
    12-19-08 08:29 PM
    Well, I did install it. It does only sync with iTunes, but at least it works well for that.
    12-19-08 09:07 PM
    Well, I did install it. It does only sync with iTunes, but at least it works well for that.
    Ya but now you can't use PocketBerry (not that I'd use PB) or Missing Sync.. lol

I was installing then I read the warning...
    Glad I read it and didn't keep clicking away like I usually do...
    12-19-08 09:20 PM
    Thanks for posting this BigByk - did anybody else sign up for notification when this would be available for Mac and NOT get notified? I dl'd it and am going to give it a try. I use vista (ugghh) for backing up but all my music is on the mac on an external drive. They better hurry up and get us a REAL dm!!!
    12-19-08 10:27 PM
    I wish this didn't pop up...
    *sighs*
    12-19-08 11:35 PM
    On howard forums some people were saying that some DRM songs weren't playing, while others were. Has anyone experienced this?
    12-20-08 12:35 AM
    On howard forums some people were saying that some DRM songs weren't playing, while others were. Has anyone experienced this?
    Nope, cause no one is installing it !!!
    Why would we?
    Able to just sync music and NOTHING ELSE?
    No Contacts...
    Nothing but music..
    What kinda phone is THAT?
    I'm happy with Missing Sync untill the full version comes out...
    12-20-08 03:15 PM
    What a useless software release! The whole Pocketberry \ Missing Synch thing is terrible! Not like RIM\Blackberry to do something like this, is it?
    12-20-08 03:41 PM
    This is very annoying, I am thinking just for that to install parallels because desktop manager is so much better, i could sync all! contacts, agenda, itune etc.... so pissed
    12-20-08 03:55 PM
    This is very annoying, I am thinking just for that to install parallels because desktop manager is so much better, i could sync all! contacts, agenda, itune etc.... so pissed
    I thought about doing it.. I already have VM Fusion... But Still bought Missing Sync... I like it.. 0 issues..
    WAY too hard to deal with separate contacts in XP then the OSX... And the Calendar etc...
    Last edited by xxfire; 12-20-08 at 04:11 PM.
    12-20-08 04:07 PM
    I thought about doing it.. I already have VM Fusion... But Still bought Missing Sync... I like it.. 0 issues..
    WAY too hard to deal with separate contacts in XP then the OSX... And the Calendar etc...

-pocketmac is not that bad, i got all my contact, email, calandar sync.. but once again bb os update are not possible and i also i have a problem that i didn't have with outlook, my contact pictures do not appear in entourage , anyone with this problem?
    -does missing sync will do it?
    -i ve never tired to sync from entourage to my bold because i will lost everthing, so did someone did try in the first place to transfer contact pictures from the device to entourage with pocketmac or missing sync?
    12-20-08 04:29 PM
    I used to have Missing Sync for Windows Mobile and yes, from memory it does sync contact photos, so I would assume that the BB version will as well. The only thing I didn't like about Missing Sync was the instability. It would crash like there is no tomorrow and that was on two different machines (first on my PB, and then when I upgraded to a MBP, and to Leopard), so I gave up on it and installed Windows.

If you are considering buying Missing Sync, contact their tech support guys. They are usually pretty helpful.

I have installed BB Media Sync but have yet to use it.
    Last edited by itsamac; 12-21-08 at 03:15 AM.
    12-21-08 03:10 AM
    I have VMWare Fusion so I use that to run Desktop Manager. I'm going to hold off until RIM releases the whole package for Mac
    12-21-08 11:03 AM
    I was under the impression this was just a preview so I was not expecting it to be fully featered. I just wish it did not disable the other sync option in order to use it, but it makes sense since you cant have Pocket Mac and Missing Sync working together.
    12-21-08 11:22 AM
    I used to have Missing Sync for Windows Mobile and yes, from memory it does sync contact photos, so I would assume that the BB version will as well. The only thing I didn't like about Missing Sync was the instability. It would crash like there is no tomorrow and that was on two different machines (first on my PB, and then when I upgraded to a MBP, and to Leopard), so I gave up on it and installed Windows.

If you are considering buying Missing Sync, contact their tech support guys. They are usually pretty helpful.

I have installed BB Media Sync but have yet to use it.
    i should send them an email because i never have an issue with outlook either to transfer contact pictures and i assumed that it will be the same with entourage...
    12-21-08 12:29 PM
    I thought at first this would finally let me backup my blackberry on my mac... but like everyone else, disappointed with music only...
    12-21-08 10:41 PM
    What a great way to upset your Mac using customers...

1. Tease them with a great program

2. Get them to wait ten minutes for it to download

3. Design a snazzy looking installed screen

4. Tell them to forget about their contacts, calendar and notes

I mean... how many people stopped at the pop-up screen?

Is that why they packaged it with an uninstaller program....?

Come on RIM - it's Christmas after all
    12-22-08 07:35 AM
    What a great way to upset your Mac using customers...

1. Tease them with a great program

2. Get them to wait ten minutes for it to download

3. Design a snazzy looking installed screen

4. Tell them to forget about their contacts, calendar and notes

I mean... how many people stopped at the pop-up screen?

Is that why they packaged it with an uninstaller program....?

Come on RIM - it's Christmas after all
    you mean this screen?
    12-22-08 11:22 AM
    iTunes is all I need to sync. Switched to Google for contacts and calendar. Google syncs with BB automatically so I always have the latest without having to connect BB to computer. Use Google Notebook as my PIM. Foxmarks for bookmarks. Google apps took a little getting used to, but now I move seamlessly between MacBook Pro and Storm.
    12-26-08 01:59 PM
    iTunes is all I need to sync. Switched to Google for contacts and calendar. Google syncs with BB automatically so I always have the latest without having to connect BB to computer. Use Google Notebook as my PIM. Foxmarks for bookmarks. Google apps took a little getting used to, but now I move seamlessly between MacBook Pro and Storm.
    iTunes synchs with BB?
    12-26-08 05:10 PM
    This application just became available today on the RIM site. It is available for download under Software and then the Music & Media tab. I have just downloaded it and have not yet installed it.
    THANK YOU! I've been looking for exactly that all day.
    12-26-08 10:44 PM
    I think I may try this. I only need to sync itunes right now. I guess other things can wait.
    12-28-08 02:41 PM
    it doesn't recognize my sd card at all
    12-30-08 09:48 AM
    it doesn't recognize my sd card at all
    Is your card in Mass Storage mode?
    12-30-08 02:47 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD