alright, its officially Q1 09. any word on this software yet?
    01-14-09 04:55 PM
    Was that the date for the release?! That would be awesome! But Q1 still is around for a two and a half months. Give it time. I am looking forward to it as well though..
    01-14-09 05:01 PM
    yeah, i'm getting antsy. i was hoping someone had inside info. be nice it came out before 8900 in feb.
    01-14-09 05:04 PM
    A RIM insider told me summer..

It would be nice to have a calendar function tat actually works on my BB.................

sux to be us.
    01-14-09 05:27 PM
    Yeah, it does suck to be us.
    01-14-09 08:41 PM
    Did you all try missing sync, I have 2 macs and have no trouble at all?
    01-14-09 08:50 PM
    I've had problems with it, seemingly even with the new public test release for 2.0. I'm not sure if it's because I also sync with Mobile Me, if it's 10.5.6 or just bad luck.
    01-15-09 06:39 AM
    I've had problems with it, seemingly even with the new public test release for 2.0. I'm not sure if it's because I also sync with Mobile Me, if it's 10.5.6 or just bad luck.
    Must be just bad luck. The MM could have somethine to do with it but I don't know exactly why. Why are you still using MM?
    01-15-09 09:11 AM
    Must be just bad luck. The MM could have somethine to do with it but I don't know exactly why. Why are you still using MM?
    I'm a long time .Mac user, and I use other services there than just the email and sync.
    01-15-09 09:37 AM
    Tried it and use it.. but it would be nice to have something "native"....

I still get hang ups now and then...
    WAY better then Pocket Mac.
    01-15-09 02:08 PM
    I think a lot of us are looking for a mac version of the DM for updates and what not.. Will this release include this, or will it simply be a syncing tool?
    01-15-09 09:43 PM
    I think a lot of us are looking for a mac version of the DM for updates and what not.. Will this release include this, or will it simply be a syncing tool?
    Not to sound like a **** but..
    How would we know?
    01-15-09 11:03 PM
    I can't wait either, it sucks having to go to the parents house and use their PC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 07:13 PM
    My company has a blackberry exchange server, Im thikingof getting a Mac. Does anybody know if wireless sync will still work if I have office for Mac?
    01-18-09 02:41 PM
    as far as I am concerned owning a Mac is a higher priority than owning a BB... so ... ya......

how do you like them apples?

LOL
    01-19-09 02:52 AM
    RIM needs to seriously come out with a DM for mac, it's mind boggling to think that they haven't yet. Hopefully we'll get what we need by the end of Q1. I just got the 8900 and already there is an OS update which i can't take advantage of because RIM hasn't provided the software.
    01-30-09 01:36 PM
    I have said this before but here goes again. I seriously doubt that RIM will ever produce a full Desktop Manager for the Mac. The program is nt the problem. The problem is that it would have to produce every OS in two formats (PC and MAc). This would be an enormous task when you consider the huge number of devices and OS verson it launches. Clearly the number would double and I doubt RIM would have the resources.

Remember the Mac only has a total of 9.something% of the market and about 2% of the total is taken up by Macs in vertical situations like recording studios and graphics applications. So only about 7% (max) are used by run of the mill users for general computing. This number is likely to increase until Windows 7 hits the market and will then slow down again.

More likely is a Desktop Manager that syncs with Microsoft Outlook or whatever else your care to use (Google, Yahoo, etc) and OS upgrades are done OTA.

Like it or not, the Mac is a very minority sport.
    01-30-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD