I am using Mac OSX Tiger so I am forced to use an old version of PocketMac to sync with Entourage. However I dont recall this app can create a backup image of the device, or can it? Without spending money how can I create a backup image of the device internal RAM?

Also how can I sync the audio notes? My old Palm Zire 72 had a voice recording app on the desktop called Voice Memo which categorized voice notes and had many features that seem to be lacking in the BlackBerry which only lets me access the voice notes as a drive and wont sync them. The blackberry voice memo app is not as nice as the one in the Palm Zire 72 but it does the job, and beats lugging around my Olympus Voice Recorder.

Thanks,

John
    11-26-09 06:25 PM
    Unfortunately us Mac users are somewhat constrained by RIM in terms of what we can/can't do. I ultimately gave up on DM4Mac (which you can't use anyway since you're on 10.4), installed VMWare + XP Pro, and handle my backup and restores that way. I was a Storm 1 owner, now a Storm2 owner. With the S1 I was able to install leaks and hybrids on my VM just as easily as if i was at a PC. Unfortunately something's changed from S1->S2, and it's not possible to do those upgrades, which is sort of sucky. However it's entirely possible that you *can* upgrade the Curve via VMWare. I just haven't tried. I'm not aware of a way to either create a backup image of the internal RAM nor a way to sync audio notes. I haven't used 10.4 in ages (why don't you upgrade to 10.6? It's cheap!) One thing to try, if you haven't already, is connect your BB to your Mac. Open a Finder window. Select the BB virtual drive that contains the internal mem, select all and copy. I know it won't work with the S2, since RIM locked down the system folder, but it may work on older devices. Worth a shot. Good luck.
    11-26-09 06:38 PM
    Virtual Drive? That wont work on Pocket Mac. Upgrade to 10.6? That will require a new Mac so for know I will remain using Tiger.

John

Unfortunately us Mac users are somewhat constrained by RIM in terms of what we can/can't do. I ultimately gave up on DM4Mac (which you can't use anyway since you're on 10.4), installed VMWare + XP Pro, and handle my backup and restores that way. I was a Storm 1 owner, now a Storm2 owner. With the S1 I was able to install leaks and hybrids on my VM just as easily as if i was at a PC. Unfortunately something's changed from S1->S2, and it's not possible to do those upgrades, which is sort of sucky. However it's entirely possible that you *can* upgrade the Curve via VMWare. I just haven't tried. I'm not aware of a way to either create a backup image of the internal RAM nor a way to sync audio notes. I haven't used 10.4 in ages (why don't you upgrade to 10.6? It's cheap!) One thing to try, if you haven't already, is connect your BB to your Mac. Open a Finder window. Select the BB virtual drive that contains the internal mem, select all and copy. I know it won't work with the S2, since RIM locked down the system folder, but it may work on older devices. Worth a shot. Good luck.
    11-26-09 06:47 PM
    If you are on Tiger and are up to date, at least 10.4.01 I think, you can use Missing Sync for the BB and mac.
    I've used it since it came out for the mac. It will sync with Entourage. It does cost to buy but you can try it for I think two weeks or longer.
    11-30-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD