06-30-09 07:49 AM
33 12
tools
    Apple website says "Boot Camp is software included with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard that lets you run compatible versions of Microsoft Windows on an Intel-based Mac."

You would have to purchase a copy of Windows.... I believe, but apparently this software is already included...??
    06-21-09 04:40 PM
    You all might be better off finding someone you know that has a PC and just using that!!! Or buy a cheap laptop? A copy of windows could run you up to $200..you could buy a three year old laptop for that!! Then you don't have to "dirty" up your mac!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 04:46 PM
    or everyone with a MAC can try this.....

BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac
    06-21-09 06:47 PM
    I've tried and didn't work. I have a Powermac and downloaded pocketmac to my mac. I did synchronized my contacts and my music but to do the update never made it to work. I've downloaded and deleted it twice and didn't work. So, I went to Sprint store to get updates and they do it for free. Just my two cents!!!
    06-21-09 08:59 PM
    My sales guy at the store told me I needed version (whatever) on my phone. He gave me the link, etc. And it needed to be downloaded from Windows to the BB. So.... I started up parallels and did the download that way.... on my macbook.

Guess what? It took 45 minutes before I considered that it might be stuck. Guess what? it was. Phone was bricked as far as I could tell. After 3 hours, the AT&T store gave it back, it could make/rcv calls, but the screen looked like DOS 3.3! After a little bit, I found a profile option and changed it to the regular profile. Still had the old OS on the phone, so I had to do the upgrade again. This time I did it from the iMac using parallels and made sure it never went to sleep. The upgrade worked.

The upgrade was supposed to fix a problem with calendar items, but still had that problem. So we reset (deleted!) all data. contact, calendar, notes, tasks, you name it, it got deleted. It even reset the phone profiles to factory settings (so much for my new ring tone!). Put the data back on the phone, things work as before. *

as before - contacts randomly get deleted, not sure if it's the phone or iCal deleting them.
    Appointments created before the fall/spring annual time change (not time zone!) and happen after the time change the time of the appointment. This seems to still happen.
    i.e. in Sept create an appointment for Dec 1 2009 at 1pm. After the fall "fall back" the appointment (on the phone) is now Dec 1, 2009 at 12:00 (noon). When I sync the phone to the computer, sometimes it changed the computer to match. Sometimes it creates a second event on the computer. Trying to change either computer or phone will just make it wackier. Deleting on both computer and phone, sync units. sync again. Recreate the events deleted manually..... Kinda works.
    06-22-09 12:24 AM
    Ok, so now I'm back to using "Windows" with the blackberry. How does this get my data into iCal and Addressbook? It doesn't. I use Windows to do the software update on the blackberry, install applications, but when it comes to regular syncing of my data.... I'm NOT using windows.

What I still want to know, does anyone sync with their mac and have data vanish? For the purpose of this question, please leave out the upgrading BB os and installing applications. I'm just asking about syncing data.

I'd rather shoot the blackberry and buy a different brand phone than be forced to run windows every time I want to look at my calendar/iCal data.
    06-22-09 10:25 PM
    that is sync my 8350i to my Macbook Air and my addresses, calendar & notes/tasks all went in!! PocketMac was all i needed!
    Hope this helps.
    06-25-09 04:17 PM
    That's what I do, but it deletes contacts randomly. I've lost at least 10-15 contacts (that I know about). Short of printing my contacts and calendar before each sync, I don't know why my info keeps getting lost.
    06-30-09 07:49 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD