I got a media card from my Blackberry Curve about a month ago. I installed it in my phone, connected my phone to the computer by the USB cable, turned on Mass Storage Mode, and the blackberry showed up on my desktop as a drive. I put some music on it, and everything worked great.

Now I'm having problems. I plugged my phone into my computer to add some more music. The phone prompted me to turn on Mass Storage Mode, which I did, but the blackberry doesn't show up on my computer anywhere. I've tried restarting my computer, restarting my phone, turning on Mass Storage Mode automatically, and plugging it in my computer a bunch of times, but it never shows up.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't know what to do. Thanks in advance.
    07-14-08 02:51 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

This is odd. As you have seen, this normally works automatically.

If you do not have Desktop MAnager v4.5 installed, then please install it. This may help.

Try changing the USB cable and change the port on the PC too.

Do not use a connection via a USB hub.

Try connecting your phone to a different PC just to make sure tha the problem is not the phone.

Come back here if you are still stuck.
    07-14-08 03:01 AM
    I had to back-up my files from the card to my Mac via BootCamp/Fusion, then reformat the card using Disk Utility so the Mac would see it. After that I restored my files from the Windoze side and all is well. I know it is supposed to see it right away, but for some reason going through the BB it apparently only see it if it is formatted by the Mac.

Hope this helps, it worked for *me*, no guarantees. DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!
    07-14-08 10:25 AM
    Thanks for the responses. I got it to work by taking out my battery, taking out the memory card, and then re-inserting both of them. Then I turned the phone back on and tried again, and it worked no problem.
    07-17-08 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD