Bold, ATT Wireless, Mac Snow Leopard OS. Installed desktop manager, and was able to sync everything, no problems. Installed Tether. Tether will not work with BDM via USB, so I went through Tether's recommendations to remove BDM. After playing with Bold and Tether, I found that it works via Bluetooth. So, I reinstalled BDM. Now, BDM will not "see" my Bold. When I plug in Bold with USB, it says Blackberry Bold is not connected. I have tried 4 different USB cords, same result. Rebooted Mac and Bold, still no luck. Any idea on what is going on and how to fix it?
    01-28-10 08:05 AM
    So I'm a little confused...you removed BDM so you could use tether (per their recommendation). You got tether working so you re-installed BDM...Apparently there is a conflict between BDM and tether, so you have to choose which one you want. I have BDM installed on my desktop and tether installed on my laptop.
    01-28-10 10:33 AM
    Yes, that is correct - I want both on this computer. I contacted Tether support, and their program is supposed to work with BDM if you use the bluetooth connection, but not if you use USB. According to Tether support, the 2 programs are compatible so long as you don't connect to Tether via USB.
    I do have BDM installed on my PC, but it is my intention to leave the PC world, which I have to do slowly due to funds.
    01-28-10 12:09 PM
    OK. Got it worked out. I went back and did the steps from Tether once again. Then, I did a search and found anything that said BlackBerry or RIM, and deleted them. Then, at the BlackBerry download site, I chose the uninstall feature. It couldn't find anything to uninstall, so I assumed I got everything. At that point, I re-installed BDM. I was able to go through the setup again, and I now have it working - BDM with USB connection, Tether with Bluetooth connection. Works great!
    01-28-10 12:56 PM
    I NEED HELP WITH MY DESKTOP MANAGER IM USING 5.0 ,I BOUGHT A BT DONGLE FOR MY NOTEBOOK .
    IT CONNECTS FINE WITH THE COMPUTER , ITS JUST THAT DESKTOP MANAGER CANT FIND THE DEVICE ON CONNECTION SETTINGS .
    HOPEFULLY SOME ONE CAN FIGURE THIS OUT .MUCH APPRECIATED

PS I DONT HAVE 10 POSTS SO I CANT LINK AN IMAGE URL .I CAN EMAIL IT IF NEEDED

You're using DM version 5? If so that's a PC program not the Mac version. Are you on a Mac or a PC?
    01-30-10 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD