10-14-09 09:08 PM
64 123
tools
    Hmm ... I need to check into that and not just take Apple's word for it.
    I am pretty sure that I read that you can go from 10.4 to 10.6. There should be a full install option. One thing I recall, I'm not sure you'll get apps like idvd and iphoto going this way. Make sure you check around the web to see what, if any, apps you might lose before trying this. There should be a lot of people discussing this.
    10-02-09 09:47 PM
    I did it the other day, inserted the $29 snow leopard disc into my intel core duo macbook pro running Tiger. Snow leopard installed perfectly. Works great....gained 12gb of storage and runs faster! GO FOR IT
    What about apps like iDVD and iPhoto? Did you get those?

Did you also opt to install the older full version of quicktime pro?
    10-02-09 09:48 PM
    You can't go from 10.4 (Tiger) to 10.6 (Snow Leopard) with the $29 upgrade. You need 10.5 installed in order for the upgrade disc to work.
    its a done deal, 10.4 to 10.6 flawless
    10-02-09 09:48 PM
    What about apps like iDVD and iPhoto? Did you get those?

Did you also opt to install the older full version of quicktime pro?
    All apps are intact, iphoto, imovie, idvd, quicktimeX....you can run quicktime pro if you want, but cannot have quicktimeX as well
    10-02-09 09:51 PM
    All apps are intact, iphoto, imovie, idvd, quicktimeX....you can run quicktime pro if you want, but cannot have quicktimeX as well
    I have my original quicktime pro key still, I may activate it, if I find that I need it. Will keep X for now
    10-02-09 09:52 PM
    just backed up my BB with no problems. I don't really use ical or anything so I didn't have that problem
    10-02-09 09:53 PM
    just backed up my BB with no problems. I don't really use ical or anything so I didn't have that problem
    Does it transfer your itunes? The leaked version would not work with itunes (on either of my macs)
    10-02-09 09:55 PM
    I believe you can, I read somewhere that you can put (or it goes automatically) into another folder somewhere.
    10-02-09 09:55 PM
    Does it transfer your itunes? The leaked version would not work with itunes (on either of my macs)
    Yes, you can sync your iTunes with your device. Mine worked flawlessly today. Goodbye MediaSync...
    10-02-09 09:57 PM
    Yes, you can sync your iTunes with your device. Mine worked flawlessly today. Goodbye MediaSync...
    Excellent....thank you. im going to give it a try
    10-02-09 09:58 PM
    There is a crucial point RIM appears to intentionally have left untouched on Mac DM: OS upgrades.

I got DM installed and even backed up my device. As I don't sync my iApps for, say, six months, I found it wiser to leave'em alone for now. That said, I got to play with DM's interface and reached the Applications menu.

Although it even shows OS components such as localization packages, I have found no (obvious) way to run an OS upgrade directly from a mac. It has been said before, when the software first leaked, that RIM would not allow us to direct download and install our choice OS on our phones through Mac DM. Which is per se a ridiculous behaviour when you happen to be tied at the ankle to a lobotomized carrier. And I believe there is a really big amount of people who'd fit this profile.

I mean, apart from backend and daemons, whose difficulty in development we cannot easily measure, this interface is pretty basic, isn't it? iApps sync'ing is something you could even found an API for on XCode. An average programmer could do such an interface, perhaps a better one. And yet RIM commits the same mistake I have seen over and over companies do: confuse simplicity with featurelessness.

Let alone the BB logo and application installer, PocketMac does exactly the same job. And I must say I'd trust it better than RIM's DM. At least I know it works and won't give me such a pain to get running as I have read some people say on this thread.
    10-02-09 09:59 PM
    Excellent....thank you. im going to give it a try
    I just sync'd a few of my playlists to my blackberry using the new DM and it worked fine. The only issue I noticed was that it seemed like it was running at USB 1.0 speed.
    10-02-09 10:02 PM
    Did you have to re-format your card first? or Did DM override media sync?
    10-02-09 10:03 PM
    nope, don't put music on my phone. just backed up contacts
    10-02-09 10:16 PM
    Did you have to re-format your card first? or Did DM override media sync?
    Nope, didn't have to reformat the card. I just plugged in my Berry and synced away. I did erase all traces of MediaSync before installing the new DM this AM. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I figured better safe than sorry.

Let us know if it works for you...
    10-02-09 10:16 PM
    Be SURE to UNINSTALL that beta BEFORE you install the release
    10-02-09 11:17 PM
    I set all my preferences prior to the first sync. However, everything is backing up to ical. Does anyone know how to get the sync to go to Entourage ?
    10-03-09 03:30 PM
    I set all my preferences prior to the first sync. However, everything is backing up to ical. Does anyone know how to get the sync to go to Entourage ?
    Do you have sync services turned on in Entourage? Entourage>Preferences>Sync Services...check the box(es) you want
    10-03-09 08:52 PM
    Hmmm differing info...see this link

or this one

seems you CAN go from tiger to SL...
    I was actually told this by Best Buy and an Apple Store employee yesterday ....

I was just warned I need to completely wipe and reinstall my OS in the process ... I have an external hard drive. I might try it.
    10-06-09 02:57 PM
    There is a crucial point RIM appears to intentionally have left untouched on Mac DM: OS upgrades.

I got DM installed and even backed up my device. As I don't sync my iApps for, say, six months, I found it wiser to leave'em alone for now. That said, I got to play with DM's interface and reached the Applications menu.
    Well I got it to show hybrid apps on mine. follow the steps in this link
    10-06-09 03:05 PM
    just got my 1st BB and DL the Mac DM..
    how do i update my BB??
    10-06-09 05:14 PM
    i am trying to download dm for macs on a friends mac. it is saying "this software does not support your current operating system". please help.
    10-06-09 08:36 PM
    i am trying to download dm for macs on a friends mac. it is saying "this software does not support your current operating system". please help.
    you must have 10.5.5 or above for it to work....
    10-06-09 09:20 PM
    I was actually told this by Best Buy and an Apple Store employee yesterday ....

I was just warned I need to completely wipe and reinstall my OS in the process ... I have an external hard drive. I might try it.

Just to repeat info you may already know...You can just purchase the snow leopard upgrade or $30. Its a full version - so if you are running tiger, do a full time machine back up and then you can reformat and restore your stuff when the installation is complete (via. migration assistant).

BBerry DM for Mac works flawlessly for me on SL. 10.6.1
    10-07-09 12:28 AM
    Can you use dm to restore lost bbm contacts? If so how

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 02:09 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD