Hello, I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520 on Snow Leopard using the latest BB software and it is bricked with App Error 523.

I attempted to use these steps to reload the OS, but I can't get past the battery icon. It just sits there and does nothing. No Desktop Manager, no errors, just endless battery icon.

What do I do?
    05-03-11 10:26 PM
    Use Windows and follow the procedure given here.
    IOS likes this.
    05-03-11 10:28 PM
    Thanks for your responce, but I'm stuck at step 2: "# have the BlackBerry Operating System you want to install/reload onto your Nuked BlackBerry installed "

I can't find anywhere to download OS5. Blackberry.com will only let me update directly to the phone.
    I was going to try a torrent site, but I didn't know if just any version will work or if I needed a specific build for my device.
    05-03-11 11:50 PM
    Thanks for your responce, but I'm stuck at step 2: "# have the BlackBerry Operating System you want to install/reload onto your Nuked BlackBerry installed "

I can't find anywhere to download OS5. Blackberry.com will only let me update directly to the phone.
    I was going to try a torrent site, but I didn't know if just any version will work or if I needed a specific build for my device.
    Are you running Windows? It will not work on OS X.

You will need to run Windows in a virtual environment, run Windows on a BootCamp partition, or use a PC.
    IOS likes this.
    05-03-11 11:52 PM
    No, I've got my hands on a pc for a limited time. I've got the Desktop software, but not the OS. I cannot find a download link anywhere.
    05-04-11 12:02 AM
    No, I've got my hands on a pc for a limited time. I've got the Desktop software, but not the OS. I cannot find a download link anywhere.
    What carrier do you have? Is the OS an official or leaked one?
    IOS likes this.
    05-04-11 12:21 AM
    It's a t-Mobile phone. I got it this way. I plan to unlock it and use Airvoice.
    05-04-11 12:22 AM
    It's a t-Mobile phone. I got it this way. I plan to unlock it and use Airvoice.
    Is T-Mobile your current carrier?
    IOS likes this.
    05-04-11 12:23 AM
    No, I have Airvoice.
    If you're asking what's on the phone, it says T-Mobile on the bottom.
    05-04-11 12:32 AM
    The latest OS is actually from AT&T. You can get it here

Since AT&T is not your carrier, you will need to delete the vendor .xml file. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/upg...or-xml-204136/

Here is a good guide.
    Last edited by lak611; 05-04-11 at 12:39 AM.
    IOS likes this.
    05-04-11 12:36 AM
    Oh ok, I will try that.
    05-04-11 12:36 AM
    My God, it worked. Thanks lak!

Hey buddy, since I used the ATT firmware, I need an ATT unlock code and not a T-Mobile right?
    Last edited by IOS; 05-04-11 at 03:34 AM.
    05-04-11 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD