Hi there,

I know there are a lot of threads and topics to do with this subject and I've read most of them, but I'm STILL having problems getting my device to tether with my mac.

Basically here is my setup:
    Handset: Blackberry Bold 9700 (Running v5.0.0.423 OS)
    Laptop: Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard
    Mobile Network: Orange UK

I have tried configuring it all through a Bluetooth DUN connection and I still get PPP errors, it tried to connect, authenticates for a second sometimes and then just disconnects.

I have downloaded several of the modem scripts for BB from lots of different threads and am now settled with the 'BlackBerry Bod 3G CID1' modem script.

I have also put in the configuration for orange UK with these settings mainly:
    APN: orangeinternet
    Username: user, guest, or blank
    Password: pass, password, or blank
    CID: 1
    None of these make any difference, I would appreciate clarification on the correct settings if possible!

So as far as I can tell,
    -Handset is paired and communicating fine via bluetooth.
    -Modem script is working as it gets to the authenticating stage of connecting.
    -The settings I have tried must have been correct at some point!
    -ITS STILL NOT CONNECTING!

I'd really really appreciate some help with this if there is anybody out there who can write me a decent step by step or figure out what the problem is!

Thanks!
    03-04-10 10:24 AM
    Hellooooo? Crackberry users? Can anybody help?!
    03-05-10 04:27 AM
    I tried a lot of different ways to tether my Hackintoshed Dell mini10 with my 9700. I can say that there is no way to get the 9700 tether with SnowLeopard via Bluetooth. I tried so many times and so many ways, it will always return a PPP error.

What I will suggest is to download the BDM for Mac, once it is installed, make sure the connection exists. Then, on your networking section, a BlackBerry connection will show up, however, it is just a wired dial-up setting. Make sure you choose the correct dial-up setting for your carrier. This method works well for me, but too bad to have a tangled wire.
    03-05-10 06:28 PM
    sorry to bring up an old topic, but i just found the joys of tethering, and what i was wondering is if i use the apn settings 'orangeinternet' is this still using my unlimited blackberry data or is this something different that will cost me?
    03-31-10 05:43 PM
    Okay, this works perfectly on verizon. Im not sure how it will work with different carriers but I was having the same problems and now tethering works fine. I wrote a guide on how to set up tethering here-

How To Set Up Free Blackberry Bluetooth/USB Tethering On A Macbook With Snow Leopard Berry Storm

Good luck to ya!
    07-08-10 08:16 AM
    So you wrote a guide to installing tether, fantastic. I'm sure that was very complex and exhausting
    07-08-10 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD