I'm after some help with an old phone.

I plugged it into my Mac, and Blackberry Desktop Manager opened up, and it mentioned that there were OS updates available. To be honest, it's not been plugged in for 2 years / 18 months, so I accepted the updates.

It was going through the update process, when the phone screen suddenly went white, with a message "Reload Software 507". Googled it, and it said that the OS wasn't on it, and to reinstall it.

Blackberry Desktop Manager then came up with a message to ask whether I wanted to retry, repair or cancel. Tried Retry, and it just went on a loop of those 3 options. So, then I opted for repair, it then downloads 1200 or so files, and pops up with a message of "BlackBerry Desktop Software failed to install your device software".

Again, this is a never ending loop.

I've tried a battery pull, but I'm still getting "BlackBerry Desktop Software failed to install your device software".

Have googled it, but can't seem to find an answer to this issue.

Anyone else with a Mac who've had this issue before, and been able to solve it, without leaving the phone as a brick?
    11-27-13 03:02 PM
    BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac really isn't ideal for trying to repair devices, it doesn't have the same sort of capabilities that a Windows machine offers. You're limited to using it and pretty much only it, while it's not the best suggestion in the world... it's likely one of the only ways you're really going to be able to repair it... find a windows machine you can use for a while or create a bootcamp Windows install on your Mac.
    11-29-13 03:42 PM