I just got my bold and I need something so i'm giving in and plan to install XP on my mac.
    What program is best for running windows on the mac? I've seen a lot on VMware but i figured I'd ask straight up before I drop $80 on a program.

Also what version on windows is good? I honestly know nothing about windows so any info here helps. I know I want to run XP because thats the only windows OS i've used and i'm at least somewhat familiar with it.
    05-18-09 12:05 AM
    Simple...
    and FREE if you got XP already....

BOOTCAMP.
    05-18-09 12:17 AM
    i dont have XP already. which version is best?

and bootcamp isnt on my mac?
    i dont know what i did wrong there. i'm running leopard
    05-18-09 12:20 AM
    Go to Finder, Applications, and then scroll down to Utilities. Boot Camp should be in there as it's standard on all Macs running Leopard.

I've ran both XP and Vista on my Mac and regarding the BB, I've been a lot happier with XP and that's what I use now.
    05-18-09 12:22 AM
    Go to Finder, Applications, and then scroll down to Utilities. Boot Camp should be in there as it's standard on all Macs running Leopard.

I've ran both XP and Vista on my Mac and regarding the BB, I've been a lot happier with XP and that's what I use now.
    easy enough to find it.it was right there.
    thankyou.

my question about XP.... is isnt there more than on version of XP i can buy?
    whats the cheapest that will work?
    05-18-09 12:26 AM
    easy enough to find it.it was right there.
    thankyou.

my question about XP.... is isnt there more than on version of XP i can buy?
    whats the cheapest that will work?
    I think the cheapest one that will get the job done is XP Home Edition.
    05-18-09 12:28 AM
    I'm a fan of VMWare if you wanted to run it virtually instead of running it within a BootCamp partition.
    05-18-09 12:44 AM
    i could not be more annoyed right now.
    got bootcamp running right.
    installed Vista
    cant do anything on Vista, i left my leapord disc at my parents and i need it to finish the process
    05-18-09 07:55 AM
    i could not be more annoyed right now.
    got bootcamp running right.
    installed Vista
    cant do anything on Vista, i left my leapord disc at my parents and i need it to finish the process
    Ya, thats why they tell u to print the instructions

Need to put the OSX disk in for the drivers
    05-18-09 12:18 PM
    I'm a fan of VMWare if you wanted to run it virtually instead of running it within a BootCamp partition.
    I run both... And to be honest, use bootcamp more then VMWare.
    05-18-09 12:18 PM
    I just use my BootCamp partition within VMWare. I usually have a bunch of stuff on the go so its a pain to reboot, and the USB integration in VMWare has been flawless for me so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 12:56 PM
    And if your computer savy, and know about bit torrents, you can get Fusion or Parraells for free...

Just saying, it's been done.
    05-18-09 02:04 PM
    computer savy and google are two totally different things.
    a "friend" of mine24 hours ago knew nothing about running windows on a mac....
    now he has vista and somehow managed to update all the drivers/get it to work/install the leapord drivers.
    with no disks and for free.
    05-18-09 03:01 PM
    computer savy and google are two totally different things.
    a "friend" of mine24 hours ago knew nothing about running windows on a mac....
    now he has vista and somehow managed to update all the drivers/get it to work/install the leapord drivers.
    with no disks and for free.
    ya...
    Well...
    Need to know where to look...
    And needed the OSX disk or drivers d/l

Like I said... can be done for free...
    05-18-09 08:37 PM
    ^^^ he's right. Virtualbox is another I'd suggest if Bootcamp doesn't take your fancy. *hint* if you want things for free google "torrents" there is your answer. I just finished burning a copy of XP professional w/ the product key included. Works like a charm. You just have to know where to look...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 08:09 PM
    I use VMware with very few problems...

I think VMware will give you a 30-day trial. I'm sure Parallels would do the same thing. Something to consider if you're leaning in that direction.
    05-20-09 09:04 PM
    There's Some good info in here. Thanks all!
    05-30-09 10:28 PM
    I just use Boot Camp with my Curve. The others (Parallels and Fusion) were slow on my Macbook. Also try Google Sync.
    05-31-09 08:36 PM
    I use VMware Fusion and I have yet to have a problem.
    06-01-09 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD