I'm currently charging my BB through Windows which I run in VMware Fusion on my MacBook Pro. It works fine but I'd prefer to be able to do it through the Mac directly. I travel extensively so I don't don't carry the wall charger.

I synchronize with Exchange through my corporate BES so I don't use any of the BB Desktop software features. I just plug in, tell Fusion to grab the USB port, and the BB starts charging.

I downloaded PocketMac 4b and the driver update from the BB website. Do I need to install both or can I just install the drivers? Should I install both or just stick with the way I'm doing it now and avoid problems? I ask because I know most USB devices are better supported in Windows and can just leave things alone if that's the best solution.

Thanks in advance!
    05-25-08 10:52 PM
    Can you not charge it in just OS X without PocketMac installed? How do you access the memory card?

When I got my Curve, I already had Missing Sync ready and waiting. I didn't even think you'd need software to charge the Curve.

I'd say maybe try just installing the driver and see what happens. If not, install PocketMac, but tell it not to sync (if that's an option). It's free.
    05-26-08 02:23 AM
    I've found once the my Mac hits the sheets (goes to sleep) there's not enough power coming from the USB to charge the battery efficiently.

I also get the warning on my Curve that there's not sufficient power from the USB to charge the BB.
    05-26-08 02:30 AM
    I get the same message about USB as well and what I have discovered is that it still charges, just clear out the message by clicking the scroll wheel

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-08 10:06 AM
    I would stick with what works. I have no problem charging my bb on my mac. It should work with just the drivers installed. even if you did install pocket mac you dont have to use it to charge you bb.
    05-26-08 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD