Ever since I installed the Mac Desktop Manager, I have a persistent icon on my dock for the BBLaunchAgent. When I try to Quit, it closes but then reappears on the dock within 3 seconds. I cannot find any preferences to get this to close or hide (I just don't want it in my dock!) and I have even tried reinstalling the Desktop Manager, but this still happens. I have searched this forum and have not found any mention of it but I can't believe it is intentional!

Thanks for your help!
    10-27-09 11:19 PM
    Have you tried just dragging it out of the dock (not quiting). It runs in the background, so if you quit it, it will restart.

You could also trash the plist ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.rim.BBLaunchAgent.plist
    10-27-09 11:23 PM
    Thank you Statman. Dragging it off the dock didn't work (it just sprung back to it) but deleting the .plist seemed to. I had to restart my computer and then it didn't reappear. I am unable to connect my BB to my computer at the moment, so I don't know yet if launching the Desktop Manager will bring it back, but for now it's gone. Thanks!
    10-27-09 11:31 PM
    plists are re-created, so it will come back. Open Activity Monitor and you should see BBLaunchAgent.app running.
    10-27-09 11:54 PM
    Is the BBLaunchAgent appearing in the dock normal or is there something I can do to hide it permanently?
    10-27-09 11:58 PM
    not normal..what Mac OS are you running?
    10-28-09 12:16 AM
    Leopard 10.5.8
    10-28-09 12:19 AM
    If you login as a guest, do you have the same problem? If not you may have a permissions problem:

I suggest you reset permissions adn ACLs on your main home directory as follows.

first run the following terminal command from your main account

sudo chown -R `id -un`:`id -gn` ~

Then follow the instructions in this KB article
    link

see if any of this helps.
    10-28-09 12:27 AM
    Thanks, I'll have to take a look at that tomorrow. I'll check back in here with my result. Appreciate the help!
    10-28-09 12:30 AM
    just follow the link and reset the acls and password (you can use the same password)...no ned for the first command.
    10-28-09 11:20 AM
    I'm running 10.6 on my mbp and the dock icon was not automatically installed when i installed BBDMfM, but it can be removed from the dock, mouse over the dock, right click or control click or left click(if you have a left handed mighty mouse like me) the submenu pops up and click remove from dock, it will go bye-bye and hasn't come back for me yet... I never could drag it to the trash or just drag it out of the dock either, but that worked for me...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 01:56 PM
    he is not talking about BBDM icon, he is talking about BBLaunchServices. This should never be installed in the dock.
    10-28-09 02:40 PM
    Oh, my bad, just shoved my typing fingers in my mouth didn't I? Sorry for the clutter...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD