Hi all,

I am a VERY(VERY) new bb user. I actually just got my hands on it yesterday. It is a VZW pink bb pearl 8130. So this is what happened...hopefully someone can help me.

I had downloaded ringtones and i wanted to put them on my BB. I had downloaded wallpapers the same way last night and had no trouble ejecting the BB when i was done. I connected the device to my Intel based macbook(macbook running leopard if that helps). On the BB i said "use as a mass storage device" I then dragged the ringtones to their folders under "ringtones". Then I tried to eject the BB from my mac, and it kept saying "in use try quitting programs first", so i checked everything and actually shut down all applications, and even checked activity monitor and nothing was running, and it kept giving me the error message then finally it said "your device was moved incorrectly blah blah" but i never actually removed it. Then, my BB had a black screen and a steady red LED light was on in the corner. I held the power down for what seemed to be forever, and it finally shut down. When i restarted, the hourglass seemed to stay forever, and then finally my home screen came up but it kept saying my media card was corrupted(it wasnt last night). So AGAIN i plug it into my mac, and my media card has all my pics on it, and i tried to eject again. It kept saying it was in use. I shut down the BB while connected and then disconnected the device. Long startup on BB but now my media card isnt corrupted and my wallpapers and pics are all on the card showing on my BB.

What gives??? I'm so confused...really confused. Any help would be amazing. Also i do have pocketmac installed...and i had no idea how to get my ringtones put on my BB that way. I tried dragging items but nothing worked. Can i do this through PocketMac instead of risk corrupting and screwing up my new BB??

Thank you in advance...sorry if that is a lot of info i'm just getting frustrated and i dont want to ruin my new toy
    04-08-08 11:14 AM
    I know sometimes with my BB if i live it inactive too long I won't be able to eject it, but that's as crazy as it gets for me, and as for pocketmac i have no idea how to work that thing too so some help would be nice. lol
    04-08-08 03:11 PM
    I just got my BB yesterday and have never left it connected to my mac*just havent had the chance or reason to*. My ICal synced fine through pocketmac but tonight after work, just for the heck of it tried to connect and disconnect my BB(again)..the first time i connected and added another wallpaper and it ejected fine. The second time i just plugged it and it ejected fine again. The third time i clicked eject and it told me the device wasnt properly disconnected and i got the dead steady red LED. darn i hate that. Then it takes forever tp shut off and on again and tells me my memory card is corrupted. I'm wondering if all the problem is in my media card?? Because i have noticed that after an event like this occurs....when i try to log out of my user acct on my macbook, it stays in the grey screen with the black pinwheel thingy then freezes...which only happened since i connected my BB...GEESH...why can't they get along....

Hopefully someone has some ideas because i'm stumped
    04-09-08 01:03 AM
    My mac wont even recognize my pearl!!! How do you get to the point where you can choose to use it as a mass storage device and whatnot? I have a mac and a pc, would it be easier to just use the pearl on my pc?
    04-11-08 11:41 AM
    Ok so I have had the same problems as you all. I hate pocket Mac and I have had mine crash on me more than once. What I did was hooked it up to a pc and than took it home to my Mac and got the music I wanted that way. And if you have a pc or Mac use desktop manager from blackberry website. Other than that idk why it won't let you eject you could just pull it out and say f-it what Mac is saying. It could be the os for Mac because I'm on 10.4 and it worka fine besides crashes on me
    04-16-08 12:50 AM
    My mac wont even recognize my pearl!!! How do you get to the point where you can choose to use it as a mass storage device and whatnot? I have a mac and a pc, would it be easier to just use the pearl on my pc?
    Go to Options >Media Card > then
    >Media Card Support ON
    >Mass Storage Mode Support ON
    >Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: PROMPT

This lets my iMac (10.4.11 Intel) read just the card. I dump iTunes albums and pics into it easily. I got the "Device still in use" error last night for the first time. I tried and tried but could not seem to shut it off. I just unplugged it, but did not get a reboot of any kind, just another warning from the iMac that a device had been improperly removed.

I do know that here have been known issues with Mac OSX and the newer Pearls. Do a search and see what you come up with.

Good luck to you.
    04-20-08 03:53 PM
    If you delete stuff from your SD card on your Mac, be sure to empty your trash can or else the BB will not disconnect properly, after deleting your trash you should be able to eject the SD card. That could be one possible reason why your BB will not disconnect.
    05-08-08 09:38 PM
    i just pull it out than put it back in and than try to eject it again and works all good
    05-09-08 01:03 AM
    If you delete stuff from your SD card on your Mac, be sure to empty your trash can or else the BB will not disconnect properly, after deleting your trash you should be able to eject the SD card. That could be one possible reason why your BB will not disconnect.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

I was stressed out trying to figure out why, and nobody else's suggestions seemed to fit, but yours was it, exactly, and so friggin' simple!! You rock. Now my CranBerry (cranberry-colored BB) and my MacBerry (strawberry-colored MacBook) get along again. :-D
    08-20-08 06:58 PM
    ShortStop: Not sure why your Blackberry would force a reboot like that, unless PocketMac had installed something to your Blackberry device. If you used PocketMac to install or remove an app, when you disconnect the blackberry device it will prompt a reboot to clear the removed app. Not sure if that was the whole situation.

Also Follow Adam's post above. If you delete files make sure you empty the trash. And if all else fails and you are still unable to properly eject your BB device, SHUT DOWN the pc. This will unmount the drive (Blackberry SD card) safely and you will not have the corrupt disk error.
    08-21-08 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD