Alright... I was wondering if there was anyway to get the BB Storm software onto my Mac... I tried to use the software that came with my phone but that didn't work on the Mac. Is there anyway I can do this?
    08-04-09 07:46 PM
    No. The desktop manager currently only works with windows. There will be a desktop manager coming out for Macs sometime in the very near future. In the mean time you can use an application like pocketmac to sync all your music conacts and calendars.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 07:53 PM
    I ran into this issue as well.

I tried PocketMac and it doubled all my contacts. Then I could not delete them from the phone. After many attempts I ended up wiping the phone and using Google Sync to do my contacts.

I, too, am looking forward to September for the BB Mac DM to arrive.

Also, for the current DM, I am using Vista via Fusion. Works like a charm.
    08-04-09 07:56 PM
    Grr! people at Verizon said that there was a thing for Mac... NEVER TRUST THEM!
    08-04-09 07:57 PM
    Grr! people at Verizon said that there was a thing for Mac... NEVER TRUST THEM!
    Well technically there is RIM approved software (pocket Mac) but it doesn't load operating systems. It can be really hard to work with though, as stated earlier.

08-04-09 08:00 PM
    So basically... There is but isn't?

That and where would I find PocketMac? Just search it on Google?
    08-04-09 08:02 PM
    So basically... There is but isn't?

That and where would I find PocketMac? Just search it on Google?
    Yes. Or you can find it on the blackberry website.

08-04-09 08:04 PM
    Sounds good sounds good... :] And the last thing, RIM will be releasing their own BB Storm manager for Mac soon ay? And I'll find that on the BB website as well?
    08-04-09 08:07 PM
    Sounds good sounds good... :] And the last thing, RIM will be releasing their own BB Storm manager for Mac soon ay? And I'll find that on the BB website as well?
    Whenever it comes out, yes. There is a place you can sign up on a mailing list to get info on when its released and stuff. I forget what it is though. Maybe omeone else can chime in with that.

08-04-09 08:14 PM
    Whenever it comes out, yes. There is a place you can sign up on a mailing list to get info on when its released and stuff. I forget what it is though. Maybe omeone else can chime in with that.

Here is the link:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac

(has pocketmac info and the signup for the mac desktop client update)
    Last edited by salanester; 08-04-09 at 08:22 PM. Reason: add info
    08-04-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD