New to BB. I took pics that were saved to device storage - I now have option set to save all pics to media card. I am trying to get them off the phone. I have mass media enabled. When I connect to my mac I am only able to see BB2 which I am assuming is the media card. How do I get BB1 to show up so I can get these pics off the phone without sending them via email?
    06-25-09 06:48 AM
    There are, to my knowledge, 3 ways to move your photos:

1) Use the free PocketMac - PocketMac is a syncing program to sync your PIM and media. It doesn't work very well for many of us, but for photos it should be okay - and worth a try.

2) Missing Sync: The Missing Sync for Mobile Smartphones to Mac OS X and Windows (www dot markspace dot com). Not free, syncs same as above - some issues here as well... mileage may vary. It was for some of us the Gold Standard with their earlier versions... seem to be some issues with their version 2.02 now for some.

3) Blackberry Media Sync: Free - www dot blackberry dot com... this may work for you, but I don't remember if it does photos as well as music -

Right now, there is no Swiss Army Knife of Sync software for Mac and BB - but we keep hearing that RIM is working on it and will release it soon (I've heard this for nearly two years...).

Good luck! You'll find a way!
    06-25-09 06:59 AM
    Well, what works well for me..
    I take the micro sd card out, and put it into a "minisd" adapter
    I then put the mini sd into my usb card reader, and slide it into an open usb slot on my mac; it then opens up on the desktop, and you can then transfer the pictures off it into any directory on your mac that you want..
    A bit of a pain, but easy enough..I have "the missing sync", and it does contacts and calendars fine for me, but sucks when it comes to media stuff..
    06-25-09 08:01 AM
    Well, what works well for me..
    I take the micro sd card out, and put it into a "minisd" adapter
    I then put the mini sd into my usb card reader, and slide it into an open usb slot on my mac; it then opens up on the desktop, and you can then transfer the pictures off it into any directory on your mac that you want..
    A bit of a pain, but easy enough..I have "the missing sync", and it does contacts and calendars fine for me, but sucks when it comes to media stuff..
    Those card reader drives are pretty affordable now and often come standard on some new PCs (or MACs). I recently got one for my girl's parents for less than 20 bucks.
    06-25-09 02:36 PM
    yeah, I think I got mine for 9.99 or something like that..

of course, after I posted this today, wouldnt you know it that the pictures I took today synced perfectly using the Missing Sync!
    06-25-09 02:39 PM
    The images are stored on my device not the card
    06-25-09 08:18 PM
    Ah hah! I figured it out. Went to media, selected pics, went to options and clicked on explore, then device memory, then home, then user, then pictures - I highlighted the pics I wanted and send them to my MacBook Pro via bluetooth. I Love this Phone!!!
    06-25-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD